PDA

View Full Version : nxt over pinnacle souveran??????

Envious Eric
03-17-2006, 02:47 PM
should this be done, and if not, what should I use to top it off....

SamIam
03-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Why would you top Souveran with anything? It is meant as a last step.

Neo62381
03-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Yeah what he said^ Besides the cleaners in NXT would just remove the Souveran.

imported_Bence
03-17-2006, 02:57 PM
The cleaning ability of NXT depends on the actual application technique. If you apply it just barely touching the panels it won`t remove much if any.

Interesting combo, I`d try it.

roadwarriorUK
03-17-2006, 03:09 PM
The cleaning ability of NXT depends on the actual application technique. If you apply it just barely touching the panels it won`t remove much if any.

Interesting combo, I`d try it.

WHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DM101
03-17-2006, 03:10 PM
PS is in a class of its own No place for NXT if you use PS

imported_Bence
03-17-2006, 03:26 PM
WHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why? Just for the experiment. You never know what combo can look good. NXT is excellent as a standalone LSP, even as a glaze under #21, or Top Coat. Unfortunately I couldn`t witness the famous Mike Phillips demo, contrasting NXT & Souverän, but the attending Autopians attested that the differences were VERY little, almost unnoticeable. I don`t know anything more about the prep or applied products, though.

Think outside of the box. A synthetic, such as NXT *may* not bond over a carnauba, but heck, it *may* look excellent. Using it as a glaze under Souverän might be another worthy combo.

Envious Eric
03-17-2006, 03:32 PM
reason I asked is because I did it on my truck, but didnt do it on a silver car I did.....the results were similar, but I didnt know if I was just wasting product with using nxt on my truck....

DM101
03-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Yeah, you right there is a place for NXT. You brought up some good points. But for dark colors PS is best

Why? Just for the experiment. You never know what combo can look good. NXT is excellent as a standalone LSP, even as a glaze under #21, or Top Coat. Unfortunately I couldn`t witness the famous Mike Phillips demo, contrasting NXT & Souverän, but the attending Autopians attested that the differences were VERY little, almost unnoticeable. I don`t know anything more about the prep or applied products, though.

Think outside of the box. A synthetic, such as NXT *may* not bond over a carnauba, but heck, it *may* look excellent. Using it as a glaze under Souverän might be another worthy combo.

imported_DARKSTI
03-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Give the souveran to me if you do that...it would be a waste.

Scottwax
03-17-2006, 06:14 PM
PS is in a class of its own No place for NXT if you use PS

Apparently you weren`t there when Mike Phillips did a hood with half Souveran and half NXT. ;) The difference was very subtle dead on. At an angle, the Souveran side seemed to have a touch more shimmer. The average person probably wouldn`t have even noticed...and I wasn`t 100% sure which was which until he told me.

Still, I`d go Souveran over NXT instead of the other way around.

SDLexus
03-17-2006, 07:36 PM
I`ve used the NXT/Souveran combo; it`s very nice on Silver. Top the NXT with Souveran - not the other way around. I usually prefer NXT x2 by itself; it has very nice, sharp, detailed reflections. Adding the Souveran will soften the reflections a bit but it will look slightly warmer and slightly wetter. Remember to let the NXT cure for at least 12 hours before topping it with the Souveran. Try it, I think you`ll be pleased with the results.

Envious Eric
03-18-2006, 11:51 AM
thanks, Ill try that next time