PDA

View Full Version : LC pads

Brian_Brice
03-17-2006, 09:26 AM
discard this post

Driven-528e
03-17-2006, 09:29 AM
Personally, Ive only had great experiences with my VC LC 7.5" pads. I wouldnt order any other brand. At places like TOL, they arent any more expensive than other brands (2 for $18, i think).

Which ones did you buy? As in, size and type... vc, flat?

BobD
03-17-2006, 10:49 AM
What backing plate are you using? I have found I have to change backing plates maybe one a year or every other year because the hook and loop sort of wears it`s grip out.

Brian_Brice
03-17-2006, 11:42 AM
theyre six inch pads and the backing plate isnt a month old, i mean how long are pads spose to last?

BobD
03-17-2006, 01:02 PM
theyre six inch pads and the backing plate isnt a month old, i mean how long are pads spose to last?

Contact LCM and see what they say. That would of been my first action probably. Personally, I now only use LCM pads and have never had a problem like you stated. Give them a ring and see what they say about it maybe.

Brian_Brice
03-17-2006, 02:20 PM
yeah thats what i will do, i am just so lucky i immediately pulled my pc away from the candy red paint. scared me to death which is why im not happy with the product.

Brian_Brice
03-17-2006, 03:07 PM
talked to lcm they cleared up the reasoning behind it and are sending me a lc flexible 6 inch bp the backing plate i use is not lc, lc pads use whats known as j hook, so some bp arent exactly desinged to hold like the corresponding plate hes sending me, its also important to know that when attaching your lc pads because they are a j hook you should give em a good twist to lock them on so you arent sitting inches away from a hard velcro bp and a 05 lambo. he also told me the best ways to clean em and helped out much, no longer upset at lcm :-)

gtbaka
03-17-2006, 03:10 PM
talked to lcm they cleared up the reasoning behind it and are sending me a lc flexible 6 inch bp the backing plate i use is not lc, lc pads use whats known as j hook, so some bp arent exactly desinged to hold like the corresponding plate hes sending me, its also important to know that when attaching your lc pads because they are a j hook you should give em a good twist to lock them on so you arent sitting inches away from a hard velcro bp and a 05 lambo. he also told me the best ways to clean em and helped out much, no longer upset at lcm :-)

Good to hear. They make great products. Nice to hear that the customer service is excellent too.