PDA

View Full Version : Process question

fishio
03-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Hey all

I just purchased the PC and pad kit from autogeek to work on my black ford ranger that has some pronounced swirls and has not been cleaned for about a year. :nervous:

I have purchased a bunch of poorboy products as well and was wondering if the below process sounds good:

Wash with PB SS&S

Clay

Wash with PB SS&S

SSR2.5 with orange light cut pad

PwC blue with polishing pad

EX sealant with finishing pad

Top with Natty`s Blue 24 hours later by hand

Please take a look and let me know if it sounds good.

White95Max
03-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Everything but one looks good. I would follow up with a lighter polish after SSR2.5/orange. You`re bound to get some hazing from that combo, especially on black. Follow up with SSR2 or SSR1 and a green pad and you`re good to go.

fishio
03-16-2006, 10:53 AM
So Polish with Carnuba blue will not take care of the hazing? What if I make a second pass with the SSR2.5 with a polishing pad? Just trying to avoid another purchase if possible :)

White95Max
03-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Whoops sorry...PwC Blue might take care of the hazing. 2.5/green would probably be fine to remove it without leaving any more hazing. You could try that. I`ve used SSR2.5/green on black Mazda paint and it didn`t leave any hazing. Just remember to allow the polish to break down completely.

One possible problem with your PwC choice though, is that EX may not bond well to the carnauba contained in the PwC. You might want to substitute SSR1 or 2 in place of PwC Blue. Your other option would be to take the EX out, and just do PwC and then Nattys.

fishio
03-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Gotcha thanks for the help. I have been watching blkyukon (i think that is right) videos on PC use and polish breakdown to try and get myself ready for my first detail. Hopefully I will get it right.

One more question :) I have the EX that contains carnuba so I thought it would work ok with the PwC blue since they both have carnuba if not I will skip the EX and go straight to nattys. I plan to make another purchase in a few months so I will get another polish at that time that I can use before the ex.

White95Max
03-16-2006, 11:11 AM
I believe EX is a sealant with carnauba as well. That would mean that the polymers (or whatever is contained in an "amino functional resin") will not bond well over the carnauba in PwC Blue.

I would just go straight from PwC Blue to Nattys Blue. I highly doubt you`ll be disappointed.

fishio
03-16-2006, 11:12 AM
great thanks for the help man. I really do appreciate and cant wait to get started.

White95Max
03-16-2006, 11:13 AM
And I can`t wait to see the pics afterward. :)