Mothers products

chrome polish

powerball

back to black

Menzerna

intensive polish

finishing polish

pinnacle souvereign sealant

armoral 20/20 window cleaner - safe for window tint(ammonia free)

eagle one tire black

carpet/upholstery cleaner concentrate

zaino

Z5

Z2

Z8

meguiars crystal car wash soap

zaino wash soap

meguiars light clay(2oz)

???? medium claybar(4oz)

chennile mitt, sponge, and sheepskin mitts

7 WW towels

30 MF towels

4 plush towels

12 glass MF

blue shop paper towels

Qtips

8 applicator foam pads

lots of detail tools - tire scrubber, interior brushes, wax stripper from crevices, wheel brush

Blue painters tape

simple green automotive spray ready to use

simple green APC concentrate

spot carpet cleaner from the 99cent store that works better than the carpet cleaner on spots...lol

wool light

bug and tar remover

picollo steamer(not really worth much IMO)

Mr. clean magic eraser (used the first time yesterday on leather....very very good)

2 buckets

a extension pole with sheepskin mitts on it for roof tops

ladder

stepstool

hose w/nozzle to take to persons house/business if necessary (no trailer/tank/pressure washer yet)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so that is pretty much everything that I have in my "buckets-o-stuff"....

what I am looking for opinions on are

what carnuba wax should I look into getting

what wheel cleaner works best, or should I just use some diluted APC for brake dust and grime

what else might I be missing that would be beneficial to have - not a pressure washer, tanks, generator...that will come later. But what else is key that I should pick up that might make things go more smoothly/easy

what are you guys using for wheel well drissings? and how are you applying it....

ok done...your turn to type.... :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

gtbaka
03-16-2006, 01:15 AM
what carnuba wax should I look into getting

Looks like you have Pinnacles Souveran which is one of the best you can buy. But let me make sure. Is this the liquid Souveran or the Paste? If it`s the paste, I`d also look for something more economical so you don`t have to `waste` the souveran. Look at P21S, Pinnacle Signature Series or Pizazz. Much more cost effective for `cheaper` details, but still high quality waxes.

what wheel cleaner works best, or should I just use some diluted APC for brake dust and grime

I use Hi Temps wheel cleaner and it`s pretty excellent stuff. APC should work fine though. Just need a little more elbow grease. Consider a gel wheel cleaner like P21S. Gels cling longer and can do more work saturating on the wheel. There`s other gel cleaners but I haven`t tried any other.

what else might I be missing that would be beneficial to have - not a pressure washer, tanks, generator...that will come later. But what else is key that I should pick up that might make things go more smoothly/easy

I didn`t see a vacuum on there. You can get a wet/dry vacuum/blower to do a ton of stuff. Makeshift extraction, drying, dusting, besides the standard vacuum. But you probably just forgot to mention your vacuum.

Looks like you have everything you need, but here are a few things that make my job more easier/thorough/interesting.

-A creeper stool. Awesome for lower body polishing. Saves my knees and lower back (had a couple of ACL surgeries on one knee).

-Car Jack and Stands. Easier to do a more thorough job with wheels and wheel wells.

-3M Lint roller, for animal fur, or women`s hair.

-Small little broom with dustpan.

http://don-b.com/equilibrium/broomdustpan.jpg I swear this is my favorite interior tool. Stubborn lint, pebbles, and dust are easily swept and pulled out for easier vacuuming. I once had to do a Suzuki that carried cats, and the upholstery was like this fake suede, and I could not get that fur off for the life of me. This little broom saved me.

what are you guys using for wheel well drissings? and how are you applying it....

Aerosol Tire Dressing makes for easier application. Just like spray painting a panel. Otherwise I`ll smother some high endurance gel on a sponge, or foam applicator, if I want it to last longer.

You have pretty much everything you need. Everything I added is pretty much optional. My only other suggestion to you is to keep refining your techniques. IIRC several of your details are taking longer than you`d like. I don`t know the particulars but I`ve always wondered what were your problem areas.

Do you have a rotary? I noticed you have painters tape, but I don`t really tape unless I`m using the high speed polisher.

D Tailor
03-16-2006, 04:28 AM
Wheel CLeaner I swear by: PB Spray and Rinse! It`s amazing.

Carnuba: I own all of them i think :) But I regularly use Natty`s Blue and Natty`s Original

DM101
03-16-2006, 05:27 AM
Mechanics stool would be good. Like

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-MAC-TOOLS-BUDWEISER-MECHANIC-CREEPER-STOOL-SEAT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35001QQitemZ462146 0085QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Dave Pickett
03-16-2006, 05:32 AM
4" pads and backing plate for the PC make the tool much more powerful on defects, but also easier to use on a smaller car.....

Envious Eric
03-16-2006, 10:22 AM
oh yeah I have a shop vac already....crasftsman 5.75 HP monster....I love it...

I think I will be picking up a lint roller, some wheel cleaner(to see the difference vs. diluted simple green) and some aerosol tire dressing for wheel wells....

what should I top the pinnacle sealant with???

anything else???? I know I have too much already, but I want to be prepared....