PDA

View Full Version : Black Shopping list

bob98188
03-15-2006, 07:07 PM
I have a black 2002 Ranger and the paint is in decent condition with its share of swirls I plan to use

Menzerna Intensive Polish with an orange pad on a PC

Menzerna Final Polish with a white pad

Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze by hand

Two or three coats of Z-2 Pro with ZFX

Sealed with Z-8

Any other products that would yield better results?

Thanks

gmblack3
03-15-2006, 07:42 PM
I love menzerna and zaino, but the Zaino will not bond to the Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze. If you do a 50/50 wipedown I think you would loose the filling properties of the glaze.

cwcad
03-15-2006, 07:47 PM
I would get rid of the FTG and impose ZPC either by hand as a paint cleaner or get rid of both FTG and FP and use ZPC with a light cutting pad and PC. Then you would be ready for the ZFX`d Z2Pro.

gtbaka
03-15-2006, 08:00 PM
The other nice black finishing products are AJ or 2180. Maintain it with 425. Skip the Glaze. Looks incredible, but doesn`t last a fart. The pizazz of a Glaze last all of two weeks for me. You`re better off using the IP & FPII to get it as flawless as you can get it, then just seal it. If you really want to go nuts, top the sealant off with Souveran.

I can`t speak for Zaino products. I`d love to get some, but I ain`t due for new products for the next 6 months or so.

bob98188
03-15-2006, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the replies. What about going with FMJ without the glaze or how about AIO? What combination of polishes and sealents give the deepest results?