PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Signature slickness??

hd-nut
02-21-2005, 10:20 PM
I did a 02 acura RL this weekend, I was dissapointed with
the "lack" of slickness after the final coat. The finish looked very nice
but was not real slippery?

wash
clay
AIO by hand
Pinnacle Signature x 2 by hand

any thoughts on this ?

Jngrbrdman
02-21-2005, 11:19 PM
Its only going to be as slick as your prep work allows it to be. I don`t have any problems with slickness with Signature. Perhaps you are looking for something that waxes don`t really provide. Unless you have tried other waxes on the same car and noticed more slipperyness, then I`d say that Signature is probably doing what it is supposed to. I can`t imagine claying a car and then using AIO and Signature on it and saying that it isn`t slick enough.

MattZ28
02-22-2005, 12:02 AM
No paste wax is going to be as slippery and snot-slick as a sealant, but more of a "smooth" feel, and the Pinnacle waxes are up there with some of the smoothest IMO, especially Souveran.

mtodde
02-22-2005, 12:51 AM
As much as I love Signature I don`t think it has the same slickness as Paste Glaz. TW85 loves PG so we`ve worked out a couple of trades. I just got some S100 and CM for a jar.

Dave R32
02-22-2005, 05:33 AM
I did a white Subaru WRX yesterday and my thoughts were the opposite, I was pleasantly surprised at how slick it was.

Used Signature on top of Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion, maybe this helped ?

Cheers
Dave.

G35stilez
02-22-2005, 08:06 AM
You may want to switch to Wolfgang for ease of use like a carnauba, looks of a carnauba, and slick as they come slickness.

RavingLunatic
02-22-2005, 08:56 AM
:yeah

Paste Glaz is the slickest wax of them all. But most waxes cannot compare to sealants in my experience.

JaredPointer
02-22-2005, 11:34 AM
:yeah

Paste Glaz is the slickest wax of them all. But most waxes cannot compare to sealants in my experience.
Agreed! I topped UPP with Paste Glaz and I don`t think I lost any slickness at all.

zainoshine
02-22-2005, 06:50 PM
Just got Wolfgang Sealant and Paste Glaz, I have a light blue vehicle and a dark gray one. Will the combo look stellar on both or should I wait till I get UPP and do that on the light blue?(I`m thinking of doing WG on the dark gray and WG topped with PG on the light blue) I think this is going to be a stellar combo....

rabbi
02-23-2005, 05:21 AM
zainoshine. All I can say is the Wolfer`s darkened my wife`s silver metallic(lunar mist) and I didn`t like it. I`d go UPP on the light car and the Wolfer`s on the dark one.