PDA

View Full Version : Using the PC

BlackSunshine
02-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Just wondering if you guys tape up the rubber trim on your cars before using the PC, or do the edges by hand? I buying a PC soon and I`m looking for some tips.

TW85
02-21-2005, 09:16 PM
Depends on the products I am using. Typically, no, and that is only because I`ve started using the same products that I use on the paint on all exterior trim. Only time I tape off is if it appears to be too delicate or the products will stain.

GregCavi
02-21-2005, 10:21 PM
:yeah

Greg

bigron62
02-21-2005, 10:48 PM
i use tape and it takes time to do but i also dont damage moulding or spend time with a brush trying to get wax out of emblems ect ..

AMDin93103
02-21-2005, 10:57 PM
I do mask with about a third of my products while using the PC. I have found some abrasion left on the trim while using #83 or 3M RC and a cutting pad. Usually no, I don`t mask. You should take some extra time (and mask) to ensure that certain products don`t degrade the esthetics and integrity of any trim. I find the most affected parts are those around the windows because of the angles at which the body meets the window. When in doubt, think about how much cheaper tape is than new window trim. :bigups

TDMAN
02-22-2005, 10:09 AM
I never used to, but after the last time, I have decided it might be a good idea. I got a lot of product in my emblem and it was very hard to remove. Thank God it was my car, but if I would just have taped it off in the beginning, I wouldn`t have to worry about it. I will definitely tape of in the future.

BlackSunshine
02-22-2005, 01:22 PM
AMD>>>very true thanks for the advice guys. If anybody is here from Canada, in particular Nova Scotia.....do you know the best place to buy a PC 7424 for a decent price?