PDA

View Full Version : New car paint and interior protection

Skier
03-15-2006, 06:50 AM
Hi. I am buying a new car. I assume that the optional paint and fabric coatings (dealer installed) are not worth the expense? Are the interior stain resistant coatings something to be considered? I am thinking of buying a car with a light colored cloth interior. Thank you for the comments in advance.

gtbaka
03-15-2006, 07:17 AM
I assume that the optional paint and fabric coatings (dealer installed) are not worth the expense?

You assume correctly.

Are the interior stain resistant coatings something to be considered?

This may be overpriced as well, from the dealer. But it should be considered, sans the dealer.

For a much much much cheaper yet much much much better alternative you can probably apply the Klasse twins yourself. All in One Polish, and Sealant Glaze.

For fabric protection. 303 Hi Tech Fabric guard.

From autopia-carcare.com thats

AIO 27.99

SG 20.99

303 14.99

63.97. add shipping. Includes multiple applications.

How much is the one-time sealant/fabric protection option from the dealer?

TigerMike
03-15-2006, 08:17 AM
:werd:

The dealer installed paint/interior protection systems are generally a complete rip-off, a pure profit generator for them. You can do much much better, for much cheaper yourself. A quality sealant or wax, Zaino, Klasse, Collinite, etc will surely outlast/outprotect and outshine anything the dealer would use, for a fraction of the expense. And, you will have fun doing it and learning every curve of your car`s finish!

For the interior, grab some ScotchGard and go to work.

Mike

:)

holland_patrick
03-15-2006, 08:40 AM
or list where you are and give one of use the 500+ to AIO and SG your car.. I`ll even come back twice to reapply for free..... ;) Something they don`t tell you about..