PDA

View Full Version : An idea someone that isn`t getting rain or snow could try

CharlesW
02-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Possibly a dumb idea, (I get lots of those), but would the yellow flannel chore glove work for a wash glove/mitt to clean under the hood, wheels, and wheel wells? The engine compartment can be kind of hard on the knuckles, but the glove would hold quite a bit of car wash solution and allow you to reach into lots of the tight areas with a few less scrapes and cuts.
I bought some and if it ever quits raining and snowing plus gets warm enough to bucket wash again, I intend to find out. For the $1.25 they cost, it seemed like it might be worth trying.:dunno

Charles

cwcad
02-21-2005, 06:28 PM
for what it is worth... I do not think that it is a dumb idea. the last time i did my wheelwells i cut the heck out of my hands.. scrapes, nicks, and cuts i can live without. i may just get some and use it in conjuction with the sponge that i normally use when i do a complete detail.

thoughts like the one you had remind me of what my father used to say to me all the time. i did not get it until after he died.

"Son, you need to be smarter than the box."

kimwallace
02-22-2005, 09:19 AM
Great idea Charles!
I usually use my old wash mits for that purpose for the same reason of not cutting up my hands.

Bill D
02-22-2005, 09:47 AM
Same here, I use my old wash mitts. An old sheepskin mitt feels nice and cushioning while working on those areas.

CharlesW
02-22-2005, 09:55 AM
The old wash mitt is what I am using presently, but there are lots of times that I`m not able to get the wash mitt into the area I want to clean. With the glove, it seemed like I would be able to reach into some of those tighter areas.
It`s 30 degrees here again so I don`t think I will be finding out real soon.
I washed one vehicle yesterday and it was snowing again by the time I was ready to take it out of the garage. :(

Charles

kimwallace
02-22-2005, 10:08 AM
It`s 30 degrees here again so I don`t think I will be finding out real soon.
I washed one vehicle yesterday and it was snowing again by the time I was ready to take it out of the garage. :(

Charles
I feel your pain ... as well as the cold :(

Bill D
02-22-2005, 01:06 PM
You could always try the glove or mitt over something like one of those oversized test tube type brushes for greater reach.

CharlesW
02-22-2005, 01:35 PM
You could always try the glove or mitt over something like one of those oversized test tube type brushes for greater reach.That might work, but I`m hoping that having the advantage of my "Magic Fingers" inside that glove will let me reach around and under things better. By having at least some sense of touch, I hope to be able to feel my way into some of those hard to reach areas. :dunno

Charles

Bill D
02-22-2005, 01:56 PM
I understand a power washer probably isn`t possible this time of year but maybe a steamer will do. You could even spray down the area with your APC, let it dwell then steam away all done inside a garage.

CharlesW
02-22-2005, 01:59 PM
I understand a power washer probably isn`t possible this time of year but maybe a steamer will do. You could even spray down the area with your APC, let it dwell then steam away all done inside a garage.Hey Bill, the gloves were $1.25. That`s more my price range than the steamer or pressure washer.:)

Charles

mgm2003
02-22-2005, 04:16 PM
I use the el cheapo wash mitts that you find at Costco for the engine & wells. I think you get 5 or so of them for around 10 bucks.