PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here used the Carlack Compound and Polish?

gbackus
03-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Just looking for some reviews if any.

imported_Bence
03-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Yep, Sir!

Short reviews:

CL Schleifpaste (compound)

White, thick cream with neutral smell. Quite gritty when you rub between your fingers, but the abrasives break down quickly.

Works excellent with a DA; it finishes down even on CDs absolutely haze free (white pad). It doesn`t have Optimum lubricity/workability, but stays wet nicely. Defect removal capability is very good; agressivity is on par or slightly below 1Z Pasta Intensive/Extra. When you use the proper amounts, it won`t dust. Easy to remove.

CL Polierpaste (polishing paste)

Tan colored, a bit oily product, with a smooooth, creamy consistency. You can`t feel any abrasives with your bare fingers in it; the crystals are suspended very well.

It doesn`t have REAL bite, it is rather a very mild product for even finer surface prep. Spreads very well, but a *bit * more difficult to remove. Same hydrocarbon smell but a touch more intensive than the Schleif`s. Not as overpowering as the CL68 & LLS though.

I recommend these products, but definitely for machine use. They don`t fill and by hand they leave a very fine micro-micromarring. Using a DA however, ensures very bright, flawless surfaces.

gbackus
03-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Have you tried them with a rotary? I have it under good authority they may be headed over to US shores and it definately sounds like they are worth trying.

*edit* BTW, in English, the products are marked Scratch Remover, and Restore Polish, I`m guess the S.R is the compound, and the R.P. is the polish? Do you know?

Scottwax
03-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Looks like I`ll have to regularly check the werkstatt site to see if and when those products will be available here. :)

imported_Bence
03-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Have you tried them with a rotary? I have it under good authority they may be headed over to US shores and it definately sounds like they are worth trying.

*edit* BTW, in English, the products are marked Scratch Remover, and Restore Polish, I`m guess the S.R is the compound, and the R.P. is the polish? Do you know?

gbackus, nope, I haven`t tried them with rotary.

Yep, the names are correct.

They look like this:

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/CL_pastes.jpg

imported_Bence
03-13-2006, 09:25 PM
CL recommends them for gelcoats, plastics, stainless steel, aluminum, chrome, tiles, ceran, etc. too.

gbackus
03-13-2006, 09:37 PM
How do you scoop out the right amount of product?

imported_Bence
03-14-2006, 05:20 AM
With a little plastic spoon or with my finger.