PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone purchased Mothers PowerBall Mini

imported_topnotch
03-12-2006, 03:08 PM
If you have used it what do you think of it because I want to pull the trigger on it. Also if anyone in the TriState area has purchased it locally please let me know where.

TIA

Paolo

JimHare
03-12-2006, 03:55 PM
I bought one back in the late fall - the large size (did I hear they have a smaller one now???).

I`m ambivalent about it. It doesn`t quite fit between the spoke openings in either of my Caddy`s wheels, but it seems OK for the flat surfaces. I have found that you need either a good (15v+) portable drill, or an electric, to get any real speed out of it.

I dripped some Flizt on it the first time, pressed it to the center caps, and went around the wheel. It seems to work ok, it`s safer than using the old finger on my wheels which have sharp edges on the spokes.

I think the smaller size, if there is indeed one, would be better for me.

I think it`s usefullness will depend an awful lot on what shape and style wheel you can use it on. For example, on wires it would be useless.

HTH

Envious Eric
03-12-2006, 04:25 PM
check your local walmart for cheapest pricing....18 bucks for the big one....didnt see the small one....but I wasnt looking for it either....

imported_topnotch
03-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Actually I just ran to my local Pep Boys and they had it, I used it and I like it better than the big one for my use such as wheels and other tight spaces. Thanks for the help guys.

a.k.a. Patrick
03-12-2006, 06:09 PM
I cant justify the $ for it......I saw the Original at WM for the $18.00, which was enticing after seeing it at Pep Boys for $24.00.......But its a wad of cut up sponge.....and thats a little steep for about $1.00 worth of material for me.....I`ll stick with my current set up which suits me fine.....

Solo Cali
03-12-2006, 06:36 PM
I cant justify the $ for it......I saw the Original at WM for the $18.00, which was enticing after seeing it at Pep Boys for $24.00.......But its a wad of cut up sponge.....and thats a little steep for about $1.00 worth of material for me.....I`ll stick with my current set up which suits me fine.....Wich set up is that?

a.k.a. Patrick
03-12-2006, 07:50 PM
I use some 3" foam pads and 3" wool pads on a cordless drill........

gtbaka
03-12-2006, 09:53 PM
I bought it. It`s freaking cool!

Ever wonder about fitting a full size powerball or fitz ball into tiny crevices of the engine and what not? But you just can`t. Too big.

The mini is cool because it not only fits, but it has like a 12" extension you can put between the ball and your drill. I think rims with smaller crevices would be easier to do with the mini too.

But that extension rod sold me, so I got it. :chuckle:

imported_topnotch
03-13-2006, 05:37 AM
I agree with the engine detailing gtbaka

gtbaka
03-13-2006, 10:53 PM
I have pictures. See now.

http://don-b.com/equilibrium/powerballminiA.jpg

http://don-b.com/equilibrium/powerballminiB.jpg

You can even grip the shaft part as it acts like a sleeve. The rod spins inside.

Pats300zx
03-14-2006, 03:55 AM
I picked one up and used it this past weekend. It worked great. It will save me alot of time polishing the mesh style on my HRE 540 wheels.

KiRiMa
08-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Cool,I`ve just bought one and can`t wait to try it out...I love the search button on this site;

such a wealth of info. :2thumbs: :waxing: