PDA

View Full Version : is this wrong ?

0311_Lifer
02-20-2005, 10:55 PM
alright i have an 04 crown vic right now brand new deep red paint job. its got a few tiny scratches here and there and right under the rear passenger fender theres a blotch of faded paint it looks like someone scraped it a little (probably when it was getting transported from the other dealership and they were lowering it out of the truck) any way i dont want to do the whole clay, polish, seal, wax till i get that part of the fender repainted by maaco or something later in may. is it ok to just clean, and wax a car to keep it looking good ? i plan on doing it every 2-3 weeks till this spring when i repaint that part and go all the way with it. do you think the car will look ok ? any advice ? the rest of the paint is in great condition except for those couple of tiny scratches that arent even all that deep really. i dont think i can buff those chips out but ill take care of it later. i just hope this will go ok tomorrow when i clean and wax it just to keep it looking ok. any one think this is a bad idea ?

joyriide1113
02-20-2005, 11:10 PM
sure... i recommend using a cleaner wax then... it should help keep the paint clean and give some protection. just rememebr that u`ll probably have to apply the cleaner wax 2 or 3 times till may because since the wax will have cleaners its an exchange with durabilty.. i hope u understood me by that. why wash the car only every 2-3 weeks. iw ash mine 1-2 times a week and spray and wipe it every other day in between...

if not then just wait till that bug bites you

Hawaiianelement
02-20-2005, 11:51 PM
Anyway that the dealer and/or transportation company can pay for the damage they did? It makes sense to me to follow up on that . In my area Maaco isn`t known for their quality work . I`m sure your Lincoln dealer has an in-house shop or a reliable shop they outsource all their work . As far as the scratches go, can you catch your fingernail on the scratch ? If not then a PC r/o can do the trick or by hand . If you can catch your nail than a rotary will have to be used.
If you don`t want to do the whole clay and seal thing then joyriide has it nailed . Go with a cleaner wax.

P.S. I`m not trying to slam Maaco but trying to give 0311 lifer some other options as its an `04 vehicle he`s talking about.

Aloha

0311_Lifer
02-21-2005, 03:40 AM
thanks for the advice and yea those i can definately catch my fingernails in those chips but primer is grey from what i understand it doesnt look like its hit the grey yet.