PDA

View Full Version : which is a better sealant??

Pages : [1] 2

tsx2004
02-20-2005, 10:54 PM
hi guys,

currently im using meguiar`s NXT for my sealant wax. im new to the detailing world and my friend recommended me this product since he knows more about detailing. he said there are many other good sealants such as the wolfgang deep gloss and the 4star UPP. he said that all three are pretty good.

now i want the best for my car, specially i went from a 1990 gray honda accord to an 2004 acura TSX, premium pearl white. i want to take good care of my car and are willing to shell out the cash to get the good stuff.

does anyone here have any experiences with the three products?? here are the links for the waxes:

meguiars:
http://www.autogeek.net/mg12718.html

wolfgang:
http://www.autogeek.net/wg5500.html

4star:
http://www.autogeek.net/plulpapr.html

like i said im using meguiars NXT right now. it gets the job done but if there is something better, im willing to switch to that. im tempting to get 4star since alot of you in here tend to like it alot. oh well, thanks for providing inputs.

tsx2004

Eliot Ness
02-20-2005, 11:04 PM
UPP is pretty hard to beat and would look very nice on pearl white. I think you`ll find durability to be better than NXT also.

If your paint is in good condition (no swirls, etc.) then use Four Star Ultimate Paint Cleanser or Klasse AIO before you apply UPP and you`ll be very pleased with the results.

03COBRA
02-20-2005, 11:07 PM
:yeah

Hawaiianelement
02-21-2005, 12:05 AM
here`s my bimmer with PB`s EX-P sealant after some vanilla moose hand glaze. Me likey.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/hawaiianelement/100_0419.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/hawaiianelement/100_0413.jpg

JaredPointer
02-21-2005, 09:35 AM
UPP is tough to beat. Easy to use, great look (better on my white than my red!!), good durability. You can`t go wrong with it.

Patrick
02-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Hawaiian, get that UPP off the concrete!!
Also consider using Four Stars USMR if you have light swirls, great product!!

TDMAN
02-21-2005, 01:51 PM
For durability, you can`t exclude Klasse Sealant Glaze. Although it may be a bit tough to work with, it protects very well. I`ve also been using a product that claims 5 year protection. The shine is amazing and, although I wouldn`t let my car go untreated for 5 years, I think that used properly, it is the best protecting product around. Just my personal opinion though. You can find it at: www.autopolish.net. I like it alot!

Gadfly
02-21-2005, 02:02 PM
I have had NXT on my `00 Avalon and my black `03 Santa Fe since mid-October, 2004. After several car washs, both cars "bead" quite well. Even when the cars are dusty and coated with road salt the shine shows through.
When it clears, I have the cars washed again.

The shine and the beading have lasted through a tough Winter. Given the performance of the NXT, I`ll apply it again - after a run with Meg`s #80.

I have used 4*UPP on both cars. I consider both sealants about equal.

JeffM
02-21-2005, 02:25 PM
No way are NXT and UPP equal.

NXT is a good product, but issues like crap on the trim isnt acceptible in the 21st century from a lsp.

NXT also become "grabby" in about 10 days to 2 weeks. Still is protecting, but is not slick.

I have it on my windshield and it is holding up after 8 weeks on an outside -daily driver, so it is decent, just not a UPP.

CharlesW
02-21-2005, 03:13 PM
My combination on my Black Sapphire van has been AIO/UPP for several years now.
On my wife`s Bright Red GTP, I used AIO/S100 Carnauba for a year or two, then switched to AIO/NXT last summer. The NXT looked good although I think it made the red look a shade darker. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it did look different. I did the AIO/UPP on the van and the AIO/NXT on the GTP at the same date last fall. During the winter, when cleaning the vehicles with S&W it seemed to me that the UPP was much easier to do and left a much slicker surface. :dunno
Anyway, the first decent day, the GTP got the AIO/UPP treatment and the NXT became door sill wax. :)

This is not intended in any way to be a knock at NXT. I`m so pleased with my AIO/UPP combo that I don`t think I`m a very good impartial observer. :-p

Charles

zymolKK
02-21-2005, 03:14 PM
I would definitely say go with UPP - I have used UPP, NXT and EX-P on my white Acura and I like UPP the best! Nice car by the way!

zymolKK
02-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Hey TSX, quick question - How do you like the 200hp 2.4L 4 cylider? I have an older CL with 200hp 3.0L 6 cylinder. I really like the TSX, but I really love 6 cylinders. I was just wondering what you thought of the power output. Thanks!

JaCkaL829
02-21-2005, 05:07 PM
I`ve been happy with EX-P, I also heard 4* UPP is good, i`m not going to recommend it because I haven`t tried it yet. I wasn`t to impressed with WG`s durability and I hear NXT isn`t to much better.

RavingLunatic
02-22-2005, 09:03 AM
I like the look of Wolfgang...but can`t yet commnet on durability as I just applied it this week.

kimwallace
02-22-2005, 09:32 AM
I have used UPP and NXT. On the pearl white paint, my choice is UPP. NXT seems to darken the paint (as advertised) and at the same time mute the metalic. My first combination choice is UPC followed by 2 coats of UPP and for a wetter look topped with 2 coats of Nattys. This will produce a very bright yet deep finish.