PDA

View Full Version : Wd-40

wannafbody
03-09-2006, 09:09 PM
My pastor was using WD-40 as a sermon illustration of not quitting- the WD (water displacement) and 40 (number of formulations before being successful). He listed some of the "other" uses that WD-40 fans use the product for. The one that interested me the most was -leather softening. Anyone who has a F-body knows that the top of the rear seats gets dried out from the sun shining thru the rear hatch glass. The WD-40 softened the leather a noticable amount. More than any leather conditioner that I`ve tried. Anyone else have any good uses for WD-40?

WSUcommuter
03-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Silence squeaks.

Removing goo from random objects such as stickers.

Removing pinstripping.

Removing dealership vinyl.

Lubrication between moving parts.

I use it on my lugs (very small amount) before installing/torque lug nuts. This makes removing them much easier in the future.

Setec Astronomy
03-09-2006, 09:47 PM
I would never be able to go in my car again if sprayed my seats with it. I hate that smell. Or did they change it? I switched to CRC forever ago.

wannafbody
03-09-2006, 09:51 PM
I only used it on the tops of the seats-not the entire seat. I didn`t notice any objectionable scent.

a.k.a. Patrick
03-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Can also be used for tar and sap removal.......

sumptimwong
03-10-2006, 03:13 AM
+1. It works great as a tar remover. It`s actually not a great lubricant though, it gums up much more quickly than a dedicated lubricant. Should be viewed more as a solvent.

WD-40 almost makes a great flame-thrower. I use it to torch trails of ants in my garage.

ET Awful
03-10-2006, 04:14 AM
Lubrication between moving parts.

I wouldn`t use it as a lubricant if I were you. WD40 is a solvent and penetrant, it actually breaks down grease and other lubricants. Once the solvent runs off and dissipates you`re left with two pieces of dry metal rubbing against each other.

LynchMOB
03-10-2006, 04:43 AM
I had an old boss that would spray a little WD-40 in his beard before he went home after being at the strip club. The WD-40 would mask the perfume smell from the stippers and help hide it from is wife.

ET Awful
03-10-2006, 05:56 AM
I had an old boss that would spray a little WD-40 in his beard before he went home after being at the strip club. The WD-40 would mask the perfume smell from the stippers and help hide it from is wife.

LOL . . . now that`s a use I hadn`t thought of :LOLOL

jfelbab
03-10-2006, 06:06 AM
Another little known use of WD40 is that it removes Sharpie permanent marker ink from painted surfaces. At least it did on my washer and dryer. :)

nudave
03-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Not to get off topic, but to remove permanent marker from a white board/erasable board. Take the erase markers and `color` over the permanent marker. Wipe away. ITS MAGIC!