PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Mist & Wipe Quick Detailer?

imported_NT2SHBBY
03-09-2006, 05:04 AM
I`ve done some searching and cannot come to any logical conclusion so I am posting here...

I have two bottles of Meguiars old skool red bottle Mist & Wipe Quick Detailer...I`ve used this stuff for ages, but I never see anyone mentioning it. Everyone mentions their last detailer QD when they mention the Meguiar`s line.

My question is why? Is there something wrong with M&W QD or is it taboo here?

Am I gonna get banned for mentioning this??

Discuss

:tribe:

Alfisti
03-09-2006, 07:02 AM
:grinno: :grinno: :grinno:

No, you won`t get banned from mentioning Megs QD. :lol

In fact, Megs is quite popular on this board. I use several QD`s including the one you mentioned. I find it very good and I`ve had no issues with it. It leaves a decent slickness and the sprayer is second to none.

One reason its not mentioned here anymore is because we have a tendancy to try new products. With so many new products on the market since Megs QD came out, it tends to be demoted or pushed to the back of the shelf in favour of the newest kid on the block.

I try to rotate my supplies so as not to forget my *roots*. :xyxthumbs

imported_truzoom
03-09-2006, 10:04 AM
I still use it, although I have demoted it to "quick clean ups".

I remember when it used to smell like bubblegum.. :)

Now it smells kind of soapy :(

the other pc
03-09-2006, 10:25 AM
Another reason you don`t hear a lot about the red bottled QD around here is that most folks here go through a whole lot of QD. Buying in the little red bottles isn`t the most cost effective way to go.

The product is great and I do like those bottles because they give a really nice spray pattern, a light, even mist. Meguiar`s #34 is nearly identical in use (and smell too) and comes in gallons. I mostly use #34 (and refill the red bottles with it).

PC.

imported_NT2SHBBY
03-09-2006, 11:00 AM
The product is great and I do like those bottles because they give a really nice spray pattern, a light, even mist. Meguiar`s #34 is nearly identical in use (and smell too) and comes in gallons. I mostly use #34 (and refill the red bottles with it).

PC.

great idea....I usually toss em out in the recycling....saves me $$$ on bottles, plus you are right, the sprayer is awesome

:getdown

imported_NT2SHBBY
03-09-2006, 11:01 AM
thanks guys....I just wanted to make sure I wasn`t the only one still using it

but no, It doesn`t compare to other QD`s such as NXT, Crystal Mist, or hell even Opt`s NRWS, but it works!

Pats300zx
03-09-2006, 12:16 PM
I still use it. The bottles I have are for wiping down wheels or for clay lube. Its a great all around product.

silkstone
03-09-2006, 05:34 PM
I`ve done some searching and cannot come to any logical conclusion so I am posting here...

I have two bottles of Meguiars old skool red bottle Mist & Wipe Quick Detailer...I`ve used this stuff for ages, but I never see anyone mentioning it. Everyone mentions their last detailer QD when they mention the Meguiar`s line.

My question is why? Is there something wrong with M&W QD or is it taboo here?

Am I gonna get banned for mentioning this??

Discuss

:tribe:

you might as well use water.. the Meg`s QD doesn`t hold a candle to what is out there now.