PDA

View Full Version : Leatherique - Not for coated seats

Pages : [1] 2

pingable
03-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Is Leatherique Pristine Clean or Rejuvinator not worthwhile on COATED leather seats ?

gmblack3
03-08-2006, 08:58 PM
I had used it on my 01 Z06`s black seats and I thought it did great.

imported_steveo3002
03-09-2006, 01:48 AM
ive used on my coated seats..best stuff ive found to date!

its a touch confusing about coated leather...i cant see that any lotion would soak through into the leather that much, having said that mine felt slightly softer afterwards

Alfisti
03-09-2006, 07:10 AM
This is the info I received from our national Leatherique distributor.

Prestine Clean (PC) is a diluted version of Rejuvinatoe Oil (RO). Meaning, it cleans and adds conditioning oils to your leather. For coated leather just use PC and you both clean and condition with the same ingredients as RO, but in a diluted form that is easier for coated leather to absorb. :up

shortspark
03-09-2006, 07:37 AM
How about Protectant 303? They say it can be used on leather and I would think it would be just the thing to protect coated leather. I have some and I`ll will try it on my rear coated seats first. If it works okay, I`ll bring it up to the front and do all my vinyl, dash and leather with it.

BigO
03-09-2006, 10:27 AM
How do I know if the leather in my G35 is coated or not? Is it safe to awesome that the leather in today`s cars is coated? And, if my leather is coated, can I just use 303 and not worry about using a conditioner?

Thanks

Mattress
03-09-2006, 11:05 AM

Prestine Clean (PC) is a diluted version of Rejuvinatoe Oil (RO). Meaning, it cleans and adds conditioning oils to your leather. For coated leather just use PC and you both clean and condition with the same ingredients as RO, but in a diluted form that is easier for coated leather to absorb. :up

makes sense... just a question now... how exactly do you know if the leather is a coated leather???

Mikeyc
03-09-2006, 11:28 AM
I believe this is the test:

Put a drop of water on the seat. If it soaks in it`s uncoated. If it stays on the surface it`s coated leather.

You could maintain coated leather with 303, but I don`t think you`ll be happy with the results. The leather will become slippery and will become quite shiney.

chml17l
03-09-2006, 11:49 AM
I uses 303 protectant on my coated leather seats all the time. They may be slightly slippery for ~ 1 day and then they feel quite normal. I don`t find it makes them too shiney either, but I do buff off the excess protectant.

Alfisti
03-10-2006, 07:30 AM
Although coated leather will repel a drop of water, it will absorb a light leather conditioner and the leather will feel softer. That`s why I stay away from silicone type products on any leather - even coated. They may protect the surface but will prevent something like Prestine Clean from feeding the leather.

Mr. Clean
03-10-2006, 10:05 AM

Have you found that statement to be accurate? For benefit from the conditioning, did he/she recommend to apply more like RO ie. apply/allow to sit/remove vs the apply/remove normally (?) used with PC?

racingbeat
03-10-2006, 01:20 PM
I`ve used both Leatherique and 1Z on my seats. They are coated. The 1Z is excellent for cleaning, best product I`ve used. THe Leatherique is as someone else pointed out two products. One to deep clean and one to condition.

My advice is to order the 1Z for bi monthly cleaning and use the Prestine Clean from Leatherique to keep it soft.

THe silicones that coat your leather often wear away on the driver seat/bolsters and the Leatherique rejuvenator is very good for biting past the leather and cleaning as well as it cleans uncoated/untreated leather. ONce that silicone wears off the leather is exposed to dirt/debris and the leather begins to break down and harden.

Sometime when my leather looks spotless I`ll take a slightly damp terry and rub it on the leather. Any dirt on the towel? NO? well I`ll Get out the 1Z and that towel gets dirty fast.

Alfisti
03-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Have you found that statement to be accurate?

Yes. I have even diluted RO to use it as a PC product and it worked well. The distributor recommended this to save on cost.

For benefit from the conditioning, did he/she recommend to apply more like RO ie. apply/allow to sit/remove vs the apply/remove normally (?) used with PC?

Use PC as per for cleaning (apply/work it in with soft brush/remove/rinse with damp MF). The contact time seems sufficient for the conditioning effect. When the surface is dry, buff it with a dry MF. Presto!

Steve1996LT1
03-11-2006, 09:23 AM

Great info. Thank You. :bigups

Mr. Clean
03-11-2006, 09:51 AM
Great info. Thank You. :bigups

I agree! I`ll be adding PC to my next order.