PDA

View Full Version : detailed my maxima today!!!

maxima2k2
03-08-2006, 10:45 AM
today i detailed my maxima :). one question though is meguiars color x for all kinds of paint conditions? because my paint on my max is in excellent condition except for the fact that i have alot of bird and water etches on the hood and some spider web swirls. i already detailed my car, this was my process which took 3 hours total...

- wash with meguiars gold shampoo

- dry with 100% cotton towels and california water blade.

- polish with meguiars color x (1 coat)

- seal with mothers seal and glaze (1 coat)

- final wax with meguiars gold class clear coat liquid car wax (2 coats)

the final outcome is great, but the bird and water etchings are still on the hood , also there are still tons of spider web and swirl marks, but other than that, the paint looks awesome!!

jdhutchin
03-08-2006, 10:50 AM
In order to get the etching and spider web out, you`ll need to polish it. The ColorX doesn`t have the abrasives necessary to remove the etching, and the seal and glaze will just do a little to fill it in. If you don`t have a PC, there are some good hand polishes you can get that will help you out a lot more than the ColorX.

maxima2k2
03-08-2006, 11:01 AM
In order to get the etching and spider web out, you`ll need to polish it. The ColorX doesn`t have the abrasives necessary to remove the etching, and the seal and glaze will just do a little to fill it in. If you don`t have a PC, there are some good hand polishes you can get that will help you out a lot more than the ColorX.

so only pure strong polishes will completly remove the bird and spider webs out? anyways, since i try to wash my maxima on a weekly basis, can i do this whole process again or would it be a waste...how often should i use color x?

zgrm
04-11-2006, 08:45 PM
any suggestions on hand polish that would get the etching out?