PDA

View Full Version : exp and rmg

Nebraskaz71
03-08-2006, 10:39 AM
Hey i`m new to detailing and i ordered exp and rmg to use on my red 98 gmc sierra. I`m gonna give it ashot with my new pc. I`m told on another board that i can`t use rmg and exp together. My original plan was polish it all up and use aio then rmg then exp let it sit 24 hrs then cover with nattys blue and maybe pink wax. Other site said to leave rmg out cause it wont do a thing and will cause the exp to not bond.......... is this true? what should i do cause man i`m lost haha.

JaCkaL829
03-08-2006, 11:37 AM
The other sites are wrong :doh ; you can definately use RMG and EX-P together. Clearkote and Poorboy`s products are pretty versatile, in that there compatable with a lot of others. I know VM/EX-P was the "must have combo" last spring, so you should be fine with RMG/EX-P.

Just make sure you have some decent polishes to remove the swirls prior to the RMG; RMG won`t do much to medium/heavy swirls and defects, as its a light glaze with chemical abrasives. :waxing:

Nebraskaz71
03-08-2006, 11:41 AM
i bought poorboys 2.5 and 1 to use :)

imported_DARKSTI
03-08-2006, 06:14 PM
yea, poorboy himeself says exp will bond to most glazes.

Scottwax
03-08-2006, 06:23 PM
yea, poorboy himeself says exp will bond to most glazes.

...and that is one of the things I really like about his product line. Very compatible with other products. I am sure Steve would prefer you use all Poorboy`s products but it appears he recognizes that people like to mix and match and if his stuff works with other product lines, at least you will use some of his stuff. Makes good business sense.

RMG/EX-P is a very nice combo. :)

Nebraskaz71
03-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Good to hear :) now if only winter would get over and show season start haha

specs
03-09-2006, 02:38 AM
^^^

me too! waiting patiently for the rain to stop.