PDA

View Full Version : FMJ vs UPP - VM vs Menzerma FP2?

MTO44
03-08-2006, 07:48 AM
It is getting warmer in the Northeast and I am ready to shine up the tit silver Bimmer. For polishing the paint, is VM a polish or a glaze? How does it compare to Menzerma Final Polish II for polishing lightly swirled paint? Also, is FMJ that much better (based on price) then UPP for a final step product on a tit silver car? I am trying to determine if I need to upgrade my products for 2006 ( I have VM and UPP). Your comments are much appreciated. Thanks!

JaCkaL829
03-08-2006, 08:33 AM
I really don`t think you`ll see to many differences between UPP and FMJ to justify buying the FMJ at a higher price, especially since you already own the UPP. VM is a light polish with fillers and a little wax. FP2 *might* be a little more aggressive, but not much. The main difference between FP2 and VM is FP2 is a pure polish that leaves no oils or wax behind, while VM does.

If your sealant needs a perfectly cleaned surface(no oils or wax) such as Zaino, then I`d recommend the FP2. But seeing how you plan on using UPP, I think VM should work fine, as I read other members having success with that combo.

Accumulator
03-08-2006, 11:28 AM
I`d expect anybody who wants to correct swirls to need something more aggressive than FP (let alone VM). IMO (and everybody has one ;) ) if you do the prep right UPP will look as good as any other synthetic product.

MTO44
03-09-2006, 11:12 AM
What would be your prep?

SVR
03-10-2006, 05:33 AM
IP, FP II then clearkote double choc (moose wax, VM, RMG, Yellow)