PDA

View Full Version : natural look vinyl dressing with no rubbing

imported_carclean
03-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Thanks for all of the useful info on this site. I am looking for a product, but not sure if it exists. I am looking for a "natural look" vinyl (ie dashboard) dressing which gives the natural look, with no shine at all without having to buff to get that look. I have read about poorboy`s natural look, that it can be difficult to apply, and requires rubbing to get the natural look. There is also optimum and mother`s, but from what I read both of those have a satin sheen. thanks

White95Max
03-07-2006, 08:09 PM
303 Aerospace Protectant

Sonus Total Eclipse

I never leave products on my dash without buffing off any excess. If you`re looking for a matte finish, you want to buff off any excess product, regardless of what brand it is. It`s the same way with tire dressings...leave on for more gloss, buff off excess for more matte.

imported_carclean
03-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the fast reply. Are those two products "better" than poorboys natual look in the sense that they are easier to apply, or the protection lasts longer? After they are rubbed, do they look the same as natural look?

White95Max
03-07-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeah they look similar to NL, but maybe a tad bit more matte. 303, TE, and NL are all very easy to apply.

Natural Look is my favorite product for tires, but only if the excess is buffed off before driving. Otherwise the excess product will hold dirt and the tires will discolor faster.

imported_carclean
03-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Based on a suggestion in these forums, I tried some Mothers protectant. I liked the way it looked, basically it was very matte (but I don`t yet have any other product to compare it to). Mothers is availabe locally for me, all the others I would need to order from the web. Is there really a difference (protection or looks) between mothers protectant, and say sonus total eclipse (or other "high end" brands which give a matte finish)?

GlossyTundra
03-09-2006, 03:15 PM
try meguiars instant cockpit detailer.

imported_carclean
03-09-2006, 03:41 PM
I also got the meguiars instant cockpit detailer, but have not used it yet. I may have been bitten by the detailer`s bug, and am starting to accumulate products. I thought that I use detailer once per week, and a "dressing/protectant" about once per month. I just got the car with about 60,000 miles. I wanted to clean the vinyl with a good cleaner, then put on the protectant. (I just used the mothers on a small part as test). Is the pinnicle leather/vinyl cleaner a good product which is just a cleaner, with no protectant? Or, should I just use diluted woolite?