PDA

View Full Version : Messy Environment Need Product Help

bunkeroo26
03-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Okay..... Well I have read alot on this site and forums, along with David`s E-book and I love it all. However, I am having a little trouble personalizing this for myself. I live on a barrier island in Texas. It is very hot, very windy, and very sandy. So, when I am washing my car (it is not garaged ever) there is a layer of sand and dirt on it before I have finished washing. So, I take a MF and wipe down quick before a wax.

I have been very hesitant to polish and anything other than wax because I am afraid to marr my paint with sand from the wind. Do you have any suggestions?

Here is a list of all of my detailing products. It seems I have purchased too much, and I`m stuck not knowing which I should really use to get down to it.

BTW, car is a Black 2003 Honda Civic 2-door. The paint is in decent condition however I would like to polish it to remove slight swirls.

Products

2 LC VC white pads

2 LC VC yellow pads

PC 7224

backing plate

Clay - Meguiar`s

Meg`s gold class wheel cleaner

febreeze auto

tuff stuff foam cleaner

NXT interior protectant

rainx

armorall oximagic carpet cleaner

armoorall extreme tire shine gell

303 protectant

NXT paste wax

NXT liquid wax

NXT glass cleaner

can of prexus

optimum polish

optimum compound

10 oz Klasse AIO

meg QD

clearkote red moose machine glaze

Now today, while it was beautiful out, I washed my car using sheepskin mitt and two bucket method ... with a dawn wash to get previous wax off. I then clayed the entire call.

After clay I put some red moose on half of the hood using the PC on speed 2 until it was dry, and then wiped it off, and then I applied NXT liquid on the same half with PC on speed 2, then buffing it out. Am I using the wrong speed? I did not see a noticeable difference in the sun with the glaze and wax from the side that had nothing.........

Needless to say, I did half the hood and called it a day, it got too late.

Thanks for your replies and opinions

Trey

imported_Neothin
03-07-2006, 07:01 PM
maybe you could think about buying one of those popup tent things with the detachable sides? it would guard you from the sandy wind and keep you out of direct sunlight.