PDA

View Full Version : I got a new car!!!

Nice-N-Clean
02-20-2005, 02:49 PM
Some of you know that Iam 15 years old. I turn 16 in June. I had a 2000 Silverado that was fully loaded but had over 100k miles on it. My mom and dad surprised me yesterday with a 2002 (Iam not a big fan of the new body style!) Chevy Silverado. It is FULLY LOADED and is sooo nice! It only has 50k miles. The only thing is that it is black. I have never washed/waxed a black truck. Can someone give me some tips?
Thanks a million
wade

RUBigDog05
02-20-2005, 04:32 PM
Congrats on the new truck...SPOILED! haha just kidding I know what its like, I had a somewhat new truck almost a year before I turned 16. As far as the black truck goes...GOOD LUCK! I have a black F-150 and its really hard to keep it clean all the time especially since I`m at college and don`t have access to a hose. Get some Poorboys and a PC and you`ll be good to go for at least a month. If I could, I would wash my truck every weekend to keep it clean but thats impossible. Keep your truck washed and waxed and it will look as good as new.

GregCavi
02-20-2005, 04:49 PM
My advice is dont run it through the quicky wash. Black is a hard color to work with but with proper care and alot of time it can look great. You should read around to see what are the proper ways to care for your car. You will find there are many steps to detailing your car. Wash, clay, multiple polishes, glazes, sealents,waxes. GOOD LUCK. I look forward to some pics.

Greg

tsx2004
02-20-2005, 10:18 PM
check out this detailing guide. make sure you print it out because its a really long post.

http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=3136

Nice-N-Clean
02-20-2005, 11:45 PM
Okay,Iam trying to upload pics in the Photo gallery, and obviously they are too big! How can I make them smaller? Iam working off Windows XP Home

Hawaiianelement
02-20-2005, 11:55 PM
Okay,Iam trying to upload pics in the Photo gallery, and obviously they are too big! How can I make them smaller? Iam working off Windows XP Home
Another member , Zesty-Man told me about photobucket.com for free membership and it works great for me to post pics on detailcity. Just transfer your pics to your photobucket account and you can resize and copy/paste the image address so you`re pic will load up in your post ..