PDA

View Full Version : A.Jett on trim - results so far

SVR
03-06-2006, 11:16 PM
As a few on here may know, my car has a bi plane spoiler, the top wing being fibreglass and started life out as a dull brown

I`ve converted it over time to almost black with coats of 303.

Tried sonus tire gel which was nice but greasy and washes off

So thought I`d see how AJ goes

A quick spray and wipe with a standard MF and a nice slick and non greasy darker finish is the result

Decided to mix wolfgang and sonus tire gels with KSG and AJ

A good shake up and applied to the spoiler and all other trim

A very rich glossy finish that`s ultra easy to do with all the gloss of the gel, so far the durability of the sealants and no greasy, runny mess

On all other trim it`s the same deal

A few weeks ago I was applying sonus gel to the ext door trims with my fingertips to get a better gloss and try and stop the grease

Gloss was good but it also washed off leaving a satin finish, not wet look like paint when it was applied

By putting a couple dabs of this new mix onto a cotton cloth and using medium pressure and buffing with another cloth lightly to finish, the greasy runs are over, it doesn`t wash off, is very slick and the shine is amazing

Will be testing the dash, centre console and door skins today

been using wolfgang tire gel for over a year. that`s really nice.

DM101
03-07-2006, 05:18 AM
I need something for those plastic running boards on my Chevy Tahoe. Aj may be the trick.

Mad iX
03-07-2006, 05:25 AM
Interesting. I would`ve thought the greasier dressings would prevent anything like AJ from bonding or sticking at all, when it seems you`ve managed to make them both stick even better.

Nice find, would like to see some pics too. :)

Casebrius
03-08-2006, 01:28 PM
makes me wonder how KSG mixed with PB TR would do?

SVR
03-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Ranney pak reckons I`m a mad scientist but I just want to find how many surfaces and uses all our wonderful products can be used on

I have taken some pics

Pictures don`t really show how good they are to human eyes