PDA

View Full Version : The Critic

imported_Aurora40
03-05-2006, 09:00 AM
Anyone watch this show? I got the full series on DVD because a) it was free, b) it has John Lovitts, and c) it was from some Simpsons guys. I`ve managed to work through about 6 episodes so far. This show is HORRIBLE! Please tell me it gets better!

Setec Astronomy
03-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Um...now you know why it was canceled? I used to catch bits of it on Comedy Central late at night years ago in the cartoon "explosion". I would cut your losses now.

imported_Aurora40
03-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Um...now you know why it was canceled? I used to catch bits of it on Comedy Central late at night years ago in the cartoon "explosion". I would cut your losses now.

Yeah, though that doesn`t explain how it wasn`t cancelled after the first season, or heck, after the pilot. It`s practically unbearable. I don`t know why I feel compelled to keep watching it, hoping it will suddenly hit a stride and be funny...

I had hopes it would be like Futurama, another Simpsons-creators show that was cancelled after a few seasons. I think Futurama was one of the best shows on television.

Setec Astronomy
03-05-2006, 03:07 PM
IIRC, The Critic was one that was on a network originally, flopped, and was picked up by Comedy Central for the remaining unaired shows and/or some new ones. So, in answer to your question, I`m sure it didn`t make it past one season on the original network.