PDA

View Full Version : Crystal-Glo

BlackSunshine
02-19-2005, 05:18 PM
has anyone here heard of Crystal-Glo, acrylic paint sealant? It`s gotten pretty good reviews. Crystal-glo.com I think. Just wondering what you thought of it, I`ve used in on black and it last pretty long with a very wet look. Thinking of topping it with S100 for this summer.

CARGUY
02-19-2005, 06:22 PM
I think this might be the same product that has been sold by jc whitney for decades only they call their product line "Dura Glo". If you take a look at their website - jcwhitney.com - and type dura glo in the search bar you can see a photo of their dura glo kit. I`ve never tried it because it sounded like too much of a `miracle` product. Maybe someone else knows if this is the same product or not.

BlackSunshine
02-19-2005, 07:47 PM
Hummm, looks kinda similar. Crystal-glo is made in Ontario, canada. I wonder? It works great though, but thats my opinion.

CARGUY
02-19-2005, 09:37 PM
Yes, maybe just put it in a different bottle and changed the name slightly. I used to get a lot of auto parts from the Warshawsky & Company retail store located in Chicago and J.C. Whitney was it`s parent company that sold the same products (plus more) to service stations and auto repair shops for a wholesale price.

I would always see the Dura Glo bottles sitting on the shelf when I was there and really wanted to try it but thought the price was kind of high so never did.

As soon as I saw your post about "Crystal-Glo" it immediately rang a bell. I noticed that Dura Glo has changed their claims a bit - they used to say that it was guaranteed to last two or three years as I remember.

Big Leegr
02-20-2005, 09:33 AM
I`ve tried it, didn`t think it was too bad. Lasted longer than "typical" off the shelf waxes. Didn`t last years, or anything, though. I found that it is nice for lighter colors (silver). Also, better for cars that are already prepped. Not really powerful in terms of oxidation removal/swirl reduction. Haven`t used it for a while, though.