PDA

View Full Version : picking product and pad combos...

wannafbody
03-04-2006, 09:59 AM
for micromarring and moderate defects how would you pick combos...

yellow cutting with Mothers Powerpolish/Megs 80 or ZPC or

green light cut with Optimum HC/DACP or Menzerna IP?

Rotary usage.

imported_Neothin
03-04-2006, 11:52 AM
I`m not completely understanding your question. Are you asking if it`s better to use a light polish with a cutting pad vs a heavy polish on a polishing pad? I would use the later if that is the case.

wannafbody
03-04-2006, 12:21 PM
I`m not completely understanding your question. Are you asking if it`s better to use a light polish with a cutting pad vs a heavy polish on a polishing pad? I would use the later if that is the case.

Exactly-non product specific. Mild product on a heavy pad or stronger product on a milder pad? Which is more effective?

imported_Neothin
03-04-2006, 08:46 PM
In reality, you don`t want to compromise like that at all. You`re ideally going to want a full lineup that will give you the exact aggressiveness that you need.

I would use the heavy polish on the mild pad. To me, pad choice makes a big difference in a products aggressiveness. Using a compound on a polishing pad is going to cut down the paint correction ability big time. If it doesn`t work, just up the pad aggressiveness until defects are removed. If you used a mild polish with an aggressive pad on the other hand, your capabilities can only decrease seeing as your already using an aggressive pad.

MichaelM
03-06-2006, 02:50 PM
I will step up in product aggressiveness well before stepping up in pad aggressiveness. For most of the light-medium stuff i`ll use a finishing or polishing pad with megs #82 or Menzerna FPII. Both of those polishes have a good working "range" with a rotary.