PDA

View Full Version : Foam gun soap info...

Pages : [1] 2

AL-53
03-03-2006, 03:41 PM
I was at my supply house today to get some stuff that was being blown out because they are being discontinued ..like 3m..hi-temp..and had a sale on edge pads also...

So I seen he had the Gilmour foam gun ..and I told him I was interested in one...but I heard that some had problems with getting real foam out of them...

He then informed me you need a foaming soap...not a sudzing soap...I said what do do mean... He took me in the warehouse and gave me a demo....first he mixed up some regular car shampoo..like mothers...sprayed it for a bit on different settings...it was soapy looking with a sorta foamy look..

then he mixed up some foaming soap..his brand..Oh he sells to car washes also...the stuff he used was a foaming car wash like they use in the foaming brushes...Well it was like night and day..it was foam..like you see when they use on aircraft..lol...it was thick ..and clinging ....

He told me there is a different make up for foaming soap...something to do with the air ratio and bubble size....

here is what he has for foamers

Detergents / Foamers / Conveyors

All products available in 5 Gal/19L, 30 Gal/114L & 55 Gal/208L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUDS+

a premium high foaming detergent. Produces a thick, rich foam for outstanding visual appeal. Offers excellent lubricity and is very versatile. Deep cleaning with great foam stability. Free rinsing.

PART # ICS-133

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAXI FOAM

an excellent foaming detergent. Provides outstanding cleaning and visual appeal. Offers excellent cloth lubricity and foam stability. This product is free rinsing and may be used in many car wash applications.

PART # ICS-132

SUPER SUDS

a high foaming detergent. Offers excellent lubricity, foam stability and is very versatile. This product is free rinsing and may be used in many car wash applications.

PART # ICS-130

AQUA FOAM

a thin, premium foaming detergent. Produces a thick, rich foam that offers excellent lubricity. Free rinsing and has many car wash applications.

PART # ICS-136

PREP SOLV

a lemon scented, high foaming detergent. Ideal for any prep application. Unique biodegradable cleaning solvents penetrate and soften road soils. Designed for automatic or manual applications in any friction type car wash.

PART # ICS-165

RADIANCE

a low ph high foaming detergent. Specifically designed for glass and chrome cleaning. Gently penetrates and loosens difficult road soils and bugs. Produces a thick rich foam that offers excellent lubricity.

PART # ICS-125

SPECIAL FOAMER

an all purpose foaming detergent containing a highly sophisticated wetting system. Special foamer is compatible with the most difficult reclaim, water treatment and filtration systems.

PART # ICS-139

SUD`SATIONAL

a thick, lemon scented, high concentrated liquid car wash. Deep cleaning, gentle foam leaves car sparkling clean, without removing wax finish. Ideal and economical for hand prepping.

PART # CAR-161

some are stronger than others....He said some may take a little off of a wax topping..but most sealants will be ok...

just a little info...

all in all...a foaming cleaner works best from what i seen.....

AL

Accumulator
03-03-2006, 03:45 PM
..all in all...a foaming cleaner works best from what i seen.....

Depends on what you`re after. I wouldn`t want any more "foamy" effect than I get with regular (Griot`s) shampoo. For the "dislodge and flush" technique you wouldn`t want a clingy foam.

Maybe if you`re trying to use the foamgun for a presoak or a touchless-type of wash the foamier stuff would be beneficial; just gotta consider what your methodology is (and why ;) ).

AL-53
03-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Yes..I understand what your saying....he was just showing what can be done ..your mix ratios would would decide what type of foam you got...from asemi-watery runny foam..to a thicker clinging foam....

there was a post here from a person from England i belive..whos car looked like it was covered in snow..that foam was maybe a little less than what the extreme foam clinging was like....

here is a link to what the soap looked like...maybe a little more foamy on the higer setting.. http://www.detailcity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15990&highlight=foam+gun

Al

Accumulator
03-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Yeah, there`s a broad range of techniques being employed (or at least experimented with) using the foamguns. It`s sorta interesting to watch people try different things with this new-to-the-mainstream approach and to hear about their results.

imported_Neothin
03-03-2006, 08:03 PM
I don`t see why people are having such issues with their foam guns... From day 1 ive been getting thick frothy foam from my gun and I don`t use any special soaps or anything like that. PB`s SS&S and the occasional NXT are my soaps, and i`ve never had foam creation issues with either of them. I make nearly as much foam as that seen on the autogeek site. 5 ounces of soap per gallon and i`m ready to foam!

musicdjs
11-23-2008, 06:55 PM
I don`t see why people are having such issues with their foam guns... From day 1 ive been getting thick frothy foam from my gun and I don`t use any special soaps or anything like that. PB`s SS&S and the occasional NXT are my soaps, and i`ve never had foam creation issues with either of them. I make nearly as much foam as that seen on the autogeek site. 5 ounces of soap per gallon and i`m ready to foam!

If I`m not mistaken, you`re using double the amount you would use with the actual foam gun soap such as DP Xtreme. I guess, it comes out to be the same in terms of dollars. The DP Xtreme stuff is double in price.

Chris@Optimum
11-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Back from the dead post, WOW

jimmie jam
11-24-2008, 08:45 AM
Back from the dead post, WOW

yea :soscared:

anyway, i have found that good old OTC E1 nanowash works great. mix is about 1/4 cup in the bottle and set on the highest or next to highest ratio setting. for you chefs out there: more or less to taste. :nixweiss

musicdjs
11-24-2008, 02:12 PM

anyway, i have found that good old OTC E1 nanowash works great. mix is about 1/4 cup in the bottle and set on the highest or next to highest ratio setting. for you chefs out there: more or less to taste. :nixweiss

How many onces od E1 would you put into the Gilmour foamaster container?

jimmie jam
11-24-2008, 02:44 PM
How many onces od E1 would you put into the Gilmour foamaster container?

depends. i have the smaller container (standard) and 1/4 cup is 2-3 oz. fill with water to 3/4 full, total. :heelclick

BigAl3
11-24-2008, 03:46 PM

head over to kragen and pick up the EO1 car soap (works great in the foam gun) for $1.33 on closeout/clearance...

While we find your parts, please enter your ZIP Code at PartsAmerica.com (http://www.partsamerica.com/productdetail.aspx?MfrCode=EG1&MfrPartNumber=2085464&CategoryCode=3299)

jimmie jam
11-24-2008, 04:53 PM
head over to kragen and pick up the EO1 car soap (works great in the foam gun) for $1.33 on closeout/clearance...

While we find your parts, please enter your ZIP Code at PartsAmerica.com (http://www.partsamerica.com/productdetail.aspx?MfrCode=EG1&MfrPartNumber=2085464&CategoryCode=3299)

wow, wish we had kragen here. i`d be over there buying every one for $1.33.:drool:

BigAl3
11-24-2008, 04:58 PM
wow, wish we had kragen here. i`d be over there buying every one for $1.33.:drool:

if you have a checker or schucks, it should apply as well (they are all owned by the same company)...

jimmie jam
11-24-2008, 05:14 PM
if you have a checker or schucks, it should apply as well (they are all owned by the same company)...

nope. autozone, rose auto and pepboys.:mad:

musicdjs
11-24-2008, 06:00 PM
depends. i have the smaller container (standard) and 1/4 cup is 2-3 oz. fill with water to 3/4 full, total. :heelclick

Hey Jimmie, do you actually get as much or close to the amount of foam as you would with the more specialized foam gun soap. Remember now, I am not referring to a foam lancer, It`s an attachment hand gun for a regular hose.