PDA

View Full Version : No Rinse Wash Soaps

Pages : [1] 2

Mikeyc
03-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Wow! I have to say these "no rinse" car wash soaps seem to be really exploding lately. QEW (which I already own) has been popular for a while and the new Optimum No Rinse Wash (which I just ordered) seems to be gaining popularity as well. I find these low water washes are great for washing in the garage during the winter. I`ve also used them when I lived in a condo where I didn`t have access to a hose.

Anyway, I wanted to give everyone a heads up that there is now a third "no rinse" car wash soap. As of today, Autogeek has started listing a Detailer`s Pride No Rinse Wash (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-rinseless-four-in-one.html). All I know is I hope this stuff isn`t better than the Optimum that I just ordered. When someone buys some please post a review.

Bill D
03-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Yep, I`d be interested. I`m getting ready to order and now I`m on the fence about which one. :nixweiss

chml17l
03-03-2006, 03:56 PM
I`m in the same boat, err, fence as Bill. :confused:

Is it just me, or does it seem a little unusual that the DP stuff came out so close on the heels of the Optimum No Rinse? :hm One`s blue and the other`s orange. Any other similarities?

stilez
03-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Optimum No Rinse > QEW... any day of the week.

I love how Matt`s Camaro is the poster-car of Autogeek :waxing:

Bill D
03-03-2006, 04:42 PM
Now we are wondering about where DP`s product fits in that equation.

SpoiledMan
03-03-2006, 04:47 PM
I HAD been using QEW for more than a year and while it has it`s strengths, it also has it`s weaknesses. In direct sun it streaks on glass and darker colors. That`s not the case with Optimum. I`m not really sure that it can get better than Optimum.:think:

White95Max
03-03-2006, 05:02 PM
I like the claim that the wash gave that Camaro "an unbelieveable shine". Uh huh...who needs prep work or LSPs when you`ve got DP Rinseless wash. :rolleyes:

$30/gal huh? I was just going to order 3 gallons of QEW too. What shall I do...

Scottwax
03-03-2006, 06:19 PM
:hm Even the same bottle as Optimum`s and very similar product description. The plot thickens!

I do know that initially, Optimum No Rinse was going to be green in color.

Anyway, I second Sean`s comment that ONR is superior to QEW...and I`ve been using QEW religiously since the early 90s.

SpoiledMan
03-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Let`s not look at the bottle and get to speculating. Chemical Guys is using those same gallon jugs right now. No biggie.

Mikeyc
03-04-2006, 11:18 AM
I`m kind of ticked that they put the new product on their website the day after I ordered the Optimum. I totally would have been happy to be guinea pig on this one.

Puropuro
03-04-2006, 11:24 AM
I`m curious about using one of these no rinse soaps to solve a water spotting problem I have.

Although I have plenty of good weather and access to water, I hate the water spots that show on my black car.

Can I do a rinse, then wash with the no rinse soap, then dry (with no final rinse)? Will that help the water spotting but still get me clean?

Joshua312
03-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Don`t worry everyone - I`ll give you all a review once I win the Product Give-Away :LOLOL

White95Max
03-04-2006, 11:50 AM
I`m curious about using one of these no rinse soaps to solve a water spotting problem I have.

Although I have plenty of good weather and access to water, I hate the water spots that show on my black car.

Can I do a rinse, then wash with the no rinse soap, then dry (with no final rinse)? Will that help the water spotting but still get me clean?

You don`t need to rinse before OR after washing with QEW or similar products. And yes, obviously the water spots would not be a problem if you dry after each panel.

Puropuro
03-04-2006, 11:55 AM
You don`t need to rinse before OR after washing with QEW or similar products. And yes, obviously the water spots would not be a problem if you dry after each panel.

Thanks.

I was thinking a pre-rinse may reduce any micromarring.

White95Max
03-04-2006, 02:42 PM
If I`m driving through the snow on a day when it`s above freezing, I`ll often dump some water over the car to rinse it, and then pull it in the garage to wash it with QEW.

If the car is very dirty and rinsing is not an option, I`ll pretreat the surface with a spray bottle of QEW/QD/water mixture. That loosens the dirt and salt a lot, which reduces the chance of marring.