PDA

View Full Version : First car!

Volman
02-19-2005, 12:35 AM
Hey guys! I am going to detail my truck for the first time tomorrow and need your help. I purchased a porter cable 7336SP, Meguiars#7, and Meguiars gold wax for clear coats. My truck has light swirls and was wondering what product I could use to remove them that I could buy locally. Also, I haven`t had time to buy any pads online so I am going to use the Porter cable pad for the first round. Should I use the pad for the swirl remover or the polish? I will purchase better items down the road, but for now this is what I have to work with. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Volman
2002 Chevy 1500 Ext Cab/Pewter

tguil
02-19-2005, 08:00 AM
If you are going to use a PC, do it right. You`re not going to get the best results from the pad that came with your pc and the products you have listed. You can purchase the "right" products locally at a body shop supply shop. Pads are very difficult to find locally. Period.

Be patient and wait a week for the stuff to arrive from an internet vendor. I have ordered supplies from both Meguiar`s and Classic Motoring Accessories and have been very satisfied. I`m quite sure that the vendors who advertise at Detail City are all good folks.

Perhaps the least confusing start for a beginner would be to use the correct pc pads with Meguiar`s products. A very simple and eye-catching first detail would include polishing your truck with Meguiar`s #80 Speed Glaze and then applying two coats of Meguiar`s NXT Tech Wax.

I think that this is the best single source for detailing information for a beginner -- http://www.bettercarcare.com/

Good luck.

Tom :cool

tsx2004
02-20-2005, 10:21 PM
im pretty new to this stuff and my friend help me out with my first detail because he knows about 10times more than me. i had some swirls on my hood and he remove them with poorboys products. i dont think you can get this product locally but here is a link to the poorboys SSR products:

http://www.premiumautocare.com/posuswre.html

this gets the job done and i recommend this product to anyone.

GregCavi
02-21-2005, 12:42 AM
As others have stated wait a week and get some products from the sponsers on this site. You can ask them what you will need and they will definatly suggest products to help you out. I look forward to some pics of your detail! Good luck.

Greg