PDA

View Full Version : coin-op washes

yas
03-02-2006, 09:07 AM
hi

i live in mississauga and in the winter i use a coin-op wash to get most of the salt and guck of the underbody and exterior

wanted to know if other people do the same thing and which one they use ... i`m using denny`s for now, only one i know of

superstring
03-02-2006, 12:22 PM
You may want to be careful. When I lived in Ontario for one winter, I did the same thing with our Accord. I`m sure now that it was the pressure wash getting into cracks and crevices that precipitated a massive rust problem later. Just something to think about. :)

yas
03-02-2006, 12:46 PM
You may want to be careful. When I lived in Ontario for one winter, I did the same thing with our Accord. I`m sure now that it was the pressure wash getting into cracks and crevices that precipitated a massive rust problem later. Just something to think about. :)

I was concerned about this as well ... the pressure at denny`s isn`t too bad. i can hold my hand about 9 inches from the spray with minor discomfort. nonetheless, when washing the underbody it can get a bit tight so possibly can hit some parts with pressure thats too high.

93zder
03-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Would the `touch less` car wash systems be better ? I like that there are no brushes, but i worry about how strong the soap is that it will strip the wax off.

yas
03-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Would the `touch less` car wash systems be better ? I like that there are no brushes, but i worry about how strong the soap is that it will strip the wax off.

I think in general, yes, there would be a higher risk of wax/sealant being stripped off. That being said, there is really only one way to really find out :). It might not strip it off right away but could take it off much faster than a normal hand wash.

Touchless still has the water pressure issues as well, with a coin-op you can at least get a feel for how strong the water is and control the distance. With touchless, you never know, could be strong enough to blast under seals, push dirt into paint, etc. over time.