PDA

View Full Version : where to buy pc in toronto area?

whitelude12
03-02-2006, 03:57 AM
Hello I am new to here. I have been wondering here for 2 days so far

and I am kinda getting idea about detailing. I decide to buy a pc , good pad , and full detailing product such as polish wax compound towel rim/tire cleaner and etc.

Since there are so much products with different names. I am still confusing.

please help me. Since i had no luck finding local stores that carries the products which autopian use or recommand , I might give a try to order them from usa at first time in my life . but the problem is duty/tax >.< is there anyway to get away from the custom?

If anyone who can hook me up with a porter cable and other stuff. I will really appreciate^_^

here is my baby`s condition

Few month ago ,I bought a brown colour compound from CT hoping it will remove oxidation(not sure wht they are, whatever that make my bonnet dull )on my bonnet. I scooped alittle amount of the compound and rubbed it with cheese cloth(lol). It gave me nice scratch on part of the bonnet. I am assuming that itz light scratch Since I can`t feel it with finger. but i can see it

should i get light compound to remove them?if so what brand?

or just polish will be enough?also what brand and model?

after I remove all the oxidaitons and swirl ?

should i use a selant ? if so what brand and model?

meguair nxt <-- good? if not ? what brand and model?

sorry . itz too long.

I will really appreciate your answers ^^

MorBid
03-02-2006, 04:13 PM
I`m not sure if Canadian Tire sells a PC, but why not drive down the QEW and hit a Lowes in Niagra. Cross at the falls and not the other long way around over the bridge.

I am in Rochester (across the lake) and I can make Pearson Int`l Airport or Downtown T.O in less than 3 hours. I`ve done the drive from T.O. to the falls and back and it`s not that long.

No way around the duty/tax if your order something on the web, drving across you can always not declare something (I think you don`t have to if it`s under a certain dollar amt.

Probelm is most of the good stuff we talk about here is local to some folks and not to others. I order most of my products on-line although I can get 3M professional line polishes and products locally as well as some damn good pads.

It`s your choice as to use a sealant or not. Many like them cause they last longer than waxes and some like to use both a sealant and wax for depth,gloss, and the ultimate protection.

Compounds do tend to dull the surface, that`s how they work, you need to follow them with a polish to bring back the shine.

A would try a medium cut polish instead of a compound to get the oxidation out.

Let me know if your still having probelms getting a PC, but I know others have gotten them up there, not sure from where though.

EdLancer
03-02-2006, 06:33 PM
Canadian Tire already had their special on the PC back in the fall of 2005, they were selling at $159cdn. which was a $80 drop is a steal, but they never seems to go on special when I need one ! :(

As for pads and polishes, good luck trying to find them locally. The net is best for those or you can PM me.

andrewcbho
03-02-2006, 07:11 PM
http://www.2020kustoms.ca/

I bought my PC from them. Incredibly fast shipping too.

whitelude12
03-02-2006, 07:22 PM
thanks for replies . there is one problem crossing the border . I don`t have visa lol

I checked thecanadian tire , but they had no idea what i was saying

more search = more confusion lol

what do you recommand for the medium cut polish ?

I am leaning to

clay = clay magic or mothers

polish -ssr 2.5 ans ssr1 or meguiar dacp and #9 ( are they good enough to remove the oxi and light scratchs?) (I am really confusing about this part polish , scratch remover , swirl remover , finishing polish , paint cleaner and etc)

glaze = rmg

wax = meguiar nxt or natty blue

for the pad lc or propel

one more question . pads that eshine.ca carry any good?

is it good combination?

whitelude12
03-02-2006, 07:31 PM
I just checked the site . descent price.

how much total does it came up to? including shipping and tariff?

andrewcbho
03-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Altogether my order came to $192 including everything. i had a 5% discount code.

whitelude12
03-04-2006, 09:53 PM
thx but I order it from ebay for bit lower price. anyone know how long it will take to ship to toronto via usps

BLUPAULS
03-08-2006, 02:32 AM
You have PM sir.... :)