PDA

View Full Version : Name Game

imported_Cycopath
03-01-2006, 11:33 PM
I am in the process of starting my mobile detail business. I am thinking of the name "Attention to Detail" What do you all think? There is a company in town that has the name, "Attention to Details Inspection," but I figured that was a whole different field and shouldn`t cause too many problems.... Any input is appreciated, including other name ideas.

Jordan@DD
03-02-2006, 12:32 AM
too common

imported_ajbarnes
03-02-2006, 04:41 AM
too common

Agreed.

I recently just changed my business name. With the advice of some guys here on autopia, I decided to simply go with my name and the type of business (Avy`s Mobile Detailing). See how your name flows with "Mobile Detailing", "Auto Detailing", etc. If you want to go the fictitious route, that can be pretty tough given that most "good" names are already taken or the name you want may be in conflict with another companies name in the same or different industry.

imported_WCD
03-02-2006, 07:43 AM
http://www.detailingsuccess.com/

Already gone and Renny is an industry leader so I don`t think you want to go that route of using that name.

Our local Pizza Place had to change their name last year because a small franchise with the same name was in another State.

Get a theasaurus and look up words that have to do with "shine", "beauty" and other such words and you may come up with something a little unique. However, it should NOT deter the customer from understanding what you do.

My old sign (now on the side of my dishwasher), said, "Regan`s Detailing" with smaller words like wash, wax, detail, etc. I had customers see that and ask, "Do you wash cars?" You can never assume the public will understand from a few words. Choose something simple and keep it that way. Word of mouth will pick up and get you more (or less) business due to your work, not the name.

Rob

imported_Cycopath
03-02-2006, 08:51 AM
i appreciate the replies as all input is welcome

imported_Cycopath
03-06-2006, 01:30 PM
Agreed.

I recently just changed my business name. With the advice of some guys here on autopia, I decided to simply go with my name and the type of business (Avy`s Mobile Detailing). See how your name flows with "Mobile Detailing", "Auto Detailing", etc. If you want to go the fictitious route, that can be pretty tough given that most "good" names are already taken or the name you want may be in conflict with another companies name in the same or different industry.

i am looking for something a little more catchy than "Brian`s Mobile Detail"

Any other ideas?

AMDin93103
03-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Any other ideas?

Get a theasaurus and look up words that have to do with "shine", "beauty" and other such words and you may come up with something a little unique. However, it should NOT deter the customer from understanding what you do.

Good advice. Refer to others in your phone book to avoid overlap.