PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Pads after use / storage

Pages : 1 [2]

gtbaka
03-06-2006, 04:08 AM
I then put it on the pc/rotary and spin out alot of the water. i use speed 3 on the PC and the lowest setting on the rotary (i just got the hitachi, i dont know what the numbers relate to in RPM`s off the top of my head).

I`d be scared to put the pad on a PC and letting it rip against no surface for fear of flinging the pad. But if I carefully center the pad on my Metabo and let it rip full blast, you can get lots of water out if not all of it. It`s one of the few times I get to go full bore, so I enjoy drying the pad and listening to the machine sound like it`s about to blast off.

Back on topic though. Cleaning pads has never been so much of a chore that I`d risk machine washing it. You`d think these manufacturers ran through a set of stringent tests to determine that it was unsafe for the pad to be machine washed. Maybe they didn`t and just say not to throw it in the washing machine to cover their arses legally. If ever I get so lazy as to dread washing pads, I just might join the bandwagon.