PDA

View Full Version : Black Daily driver

KTNC
02-27-2006, 01:11 PM
I have a two year old black daily driver with slight marring, swirls... The past couple of years I have done one big detail in the spring, and then maintained with a coat of wax monthly throughout the summer. That being said, I`m not really interested in polishing out the marring (did I mention it`s black!) , but am looking for the best combination to conceal the imperfections. I have done numerous searches on this, but would like a lttle more specific information... How would the following work:

1. Wash

2. Clay

3. AIO

4. VM

5. NXT or Souveran (liquid) or EX-Pw/carnuaba???

I have never used steps 3-5 before...

Is Liquid souveran as durable as a sealant? I currently use mainly EX-P, just add another coat monthly.

Will the NXT remove the VM with its cleaning ability? I have read that NXT and VM have good concealing ability, and Souveran on black, well enough said... Could I also top the LSP with VM for more concealment..?

Please give me your thoughts, fellow Autopians...

White95Max
02-27-2006, 01:16 PM
No you can`t top a wax with VM. VM has cleaners and light abrasives, so you`d be removing some or all of the LSP with each application of VM. I would do this process to hide the swirls:

Wash

Clay

VM

#16 or Collinite 845 (heavy waxes such as these can help with concealing swirls)

Add more #16 or 845 every month or two.

Liquid Souveran isn`t very durable from what I`ve heard. I haven`t used it personally. And to ask whether it`s as durable as a sealant is too broad. Not every sealant is the same in terms of durability.

Big Leegr
02-27-2006, 01:22 PM
In my experience, NXT`s cleaning abilities are minimal. (I had trouble rubbing a dried water trail off. :nervous: ) I don`t think it will remove too much VM. I`ve also seen that the paste wax seems to conceal fairly well.

I haven`t found LS to be all that durable (Beading wise, at least). I would say around the month/6 week max. range. Fairly easy on/off, though.

KTNC
02-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Is the AIO not necessary? By the way I will be applying all products by hand.

blkyukon
02-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Is the AIO not necessary? By the way I will be applying all products by hand.

The VM will remove or weaken it...I`d use one or the other.

White95Max
02-27-2006, 01:48 PM
AIO is a great cleaner, but it doesn`t offer any filling characteristics from my experience with it.

budman3
02-27-2006, 01:49 PM
The VM and AIO are very similar so pick one or the other. Listen to the advice above and FYI Ex-P contains no carnauba... Poorboys EX does. I`m not sure what will bon to VM since it is a glaze-- IE most sealants don`t like bonding to glazes. So a carnauba paste wax may be your best bet. Or do a search to see what people are topping VM with.