PDA

View Full Version : How does this sound ?

kevin_c329
02-27-2006, 06:41 AM
Hi

I have a BMW M3 convertable in Carbon Black, its an absolute nightmare to keep clean. I recently asked on a BMW forum for the best polishes that i could use to get the best results, this is what i used:

Meg`s Gold Car Shapoo

Meg`s Clay

3M Handglaze

3 layers of Zaino Z-2 Pro Polish

1 layer of Poorboys EX_P Sealant

1 layer of Ps21 Concours Wax

The only reason for the hand glaze was the Clay left some rub marks that the Zaino polish

would not remove...

Now whilst the finish was very good i am sure / hope i could get better. is there anything you guys would reccomend over these products to enhance the shine ??

Thx

imported_steveo3002
02-27-2006, 06:58 AM
i dont imagine zaino would bond too well over handglaze...did you wash with dawn before the zaino ?

maybe consider buying a pc to remove the swirls properly

kevin_c329
02-27-2006, 08:23 AM
It seemed to bond ok, i did polish by hand, i now have a Random orbital buffer not a PC but will i get better results with this than by hand

White95Max
02-27-2006, 08:37 AM
It seemed to bond ok, i did polish by hand, i now have a Random orbital buffer not a PC but will i get better results with this than by hand

I`m always entertained when someone says that, as if they can see the bonding taking place or something.

I agree with the above post. Zaino claims that its products will not bond to anything other than bare paint or Z-PC. I have my own thoughts on that claim, but there are lots of sealants that seem to have decreased durability when applied over glazes.

The only reason for the hand glaze was the Clay left some rub marks that the Zaino polish

would not remove...

That`s because Z2 isn`t a real polish. It`s improperly named. It is non-abrasive, and therefore will not remove swirls/scratches.

The real shine of a vehicle comes from the polishing and paint cleaning steps. That`s probably where you need to focus on, because I`d bet there`s more polishing that needs to be done, and it`s not possible (or worth it) to do it by hand.

kevin_c329
02-27-2006, 09:46 AM
so what polish would you reccomend before applying the Zaino Z-2 ??

imported_steveo3002
02-27-2006, 10:17 AM
something from the the ssr range , maybe ssr2 for light swirls , then ssr 1

DETAILKING
02-27-2006, 10:43 AM
You are seeing rub marks from clay because you are probably not using enough lube. Either that or perhaps you are wetting the clay too much and it is breaking apart and depositing on your paint.

I would wash the car after the clay, and if needed, use a very mild polish by hand "KLASSE AIO, ZAINO ZPC. If you have swirls that you want to remove, then you may want to go a little more agressive and/or use a PC.

After that, you can apply your Z2 Pro. I would wait until your next car wash and reapply another coat or two, or finish up with Z8 spray sealant. I don`t recommend using another product over zaino as then you limit the ability to reapply it and create more layers, which is one of the largest benefits the zaino system offers to begin with.

White95Max
02-27-2006, 10:47 AM
so what polish would you reccomend before applying the Zaino Z-2 ??

Any polish that doesn`t leave any fillers/wax behind. SSRs, Menzerna...