PDA

View Full Version : what DA brand of pads do you use?

Pages : [1] 2

zannard
02-17-2005, 11:04 PM
I have shopped around online looking at the multiple brands of DA pads. Which brand(s) do most of you use/prefer?

thanks

GregCavi
02-17-2005, 11:08 PM
I have shopped around online looking at the multiple brands of DA pads. Which brand(s) do most of you use/prefer?

thanks

I use the 7.5 inch Lake Country Pads From www.topoftheline.com
I use the 6" backing plate with them. I like these pads because when you hit speeds of 6 the buffer doesnt shake you like some pads do. TOL`s customer service is amazing. If your pads go bad then they will replace them for free. If you buy the 6.5 inch pads from Lake Country make sure you get a 5 inch backing plate. TOL has it listed as needing the 6.5 inch BP but that wrecks the pads.

HtH

Greg

CharlesW
02-17-2005, 11:12 PM
The Meguiar`s pads are the only ones I have used and I have been quite happy with them.

That said, if I was starting from scratch today, I would have to look long and hard at the "Edge" quick connect system. It looks awfully convenient and you would never have to worry about any velcro separation.
You can see them here (http://www.premiumautocare.com/ed20dafopafo.html)

Charles

Woob
02-17-2005, 11:50 PM
Edge DA and E2k system!

Dave R32
02-18-2005, 12:09 AM
I have just started using Edge pads.

I have used Megs and Lake Country and have had no problems.

Cheers
Dave.

usdm
02-18-2005, 12:12 AM
Edge DA and E2k system!

Do your Edge DA pads have the durafoam?

zannard
02-18-2005, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the info, I have been using Meguiar`s pads. I have not had any issues with them, but wanted to try out some different brands and check out the results.

thanks again, eveyone is always very helpful here.

JaredPointer
02-18-2005, 09:17 AM
I used the Meg`s until I bought the Sonus DA pads. I like them.

Dalton
02-18-2005, 11:21 AM
I actually have 2 edge 2000 pads that are unopened if anyone is interested in bying them from me.

Woob
02-18-2005, 11:47 AM
usdm,

I believe I do have the durafoam pads. (Durafoam being the foam that keeps the product at the top of the pad and is very durable?) I bought some old style DA pads and upgraded to newer ones with better glue. Excited to try the E2k system!

tubafeak
02-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Right now I`m using the Lake Country pads. I really like them, but I`m thinking of getting some E2K pads. I love the finishing pads (Black) so much that I picked up three during the Autopia sale. I would suggest the E2K kit from PAC, I think. It seems more expensive, but the pads are double sided and they are much easier to use.

rollman
02-18-2005, 05:33 PM
I use Edge 2000 and the older style velcro edge pads . and yes the make both durafoam (harder foam) and the regular foam .

jaybs02
02-18-2005, 08:40 PM
I have beens using Edge pads.. but would like to try LC this spring

6cyl's_of_fury
02-18-2005, 11:27 PM
With the polisher I have, the E2K system isn`t an option although it looks a good way to go about it.
At the moment I have( all 6.5" ):

2 x Orange LC cutting pads
6 x White LC polishing pads
2 x Yellow polishing pads
2 x Grey LC finishing pads

Unfortunately, the LC pads have suffered from cutting by the backing plate and they are getting a little old and ratty looking on the polishing face. So I have just put an order through to Patrick @ exceldetail.com for 10 of his 7" Propel pads - I have yet to read anything remotely negative about them, so it seemed a logical choice. I cant wait to get my hands on them!! They have a recess for accepting the velcro 5" backing plate so they are centred.

2 x yellow medium cut pads
6 x green light cut pads
2 x blue light polishing pads
1 x patina finishing pads ( essentially MF bonnets for the 7" pads )

02SLVRon22
02-19-2005, 09:46 AM
I am also using the Propel pads from ExcelDetail. I had used another manufacturer`s Orange Pad with some Swirl Mark Remover, and didn`t get very much results. I then swithed to one of the Excel Orange Versatile pads, and it removed the swilrs with ease. I also like the softness in how you can work the pads vs. where some of the other manufacturer`s pads seem more frim. He has very good prices and also sells a kit. He has been very helpful in answering any of my questions. Here is a link to his website: Excel (http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/storefront.pl?ref=exceldetail)