PDA

View Full Version : AIO + SG or P21S

nappyjim
02-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Would using AIO+SGx2 be sufficent?

Or should I add on P21s or another wax after the SG?

Also I was reading in the HoF that you should wait a week between SG coats. Is this the norm now, or is it ok to add the second coat after 24 hours?

Accumulator
02-26-2006, 06:13 PM
I got fine results layering after just 24 hours. I will say that I quit topping my SG and now I just add more from time to time. So I guess I`m doing it both ways, the one-day-wait and the after-a-week-wait.

Some people see a huge benefit from topping it with wax, others don`t. I`d do maybe one panel and see what you think.

Super_Herb
02-26-2006, 11:16 PM
It`s been sufficient enough for me for protection and looks with previous lighter colored cars, but with my new red car, adding wax afterwards is worth it for the look. So, I`d say if your car is a darker color, give the wax a try.....you`ll like it.

Now if it`d only get warm enough so I could actually apply anthying to my car. I`ve got lots of new things I`d like to try. :wall

dneedsmuscles
02-27-2006, 12:20 AM
I used AIO on my dads black ranger.......shortly after, i hit it with a pass of SG(no difference)....however....about 5 days later I made another pass with SG and it made all the difference in the world! :clap:

Accumulator
02-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Yeah, I seem to notice improvements up to about 4 layers of SG.

TUD
02-27-2006, 03:35 PM
I just did AIO, SG and wax this weekend. The results were okay, nothing breath taking.

racingbeat
02-27-2006, 03:50 PM
AIO, 6 layers SG, 5 layers P21s :xyxthumbs

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/mx5hood.jpg

MiataFan1
02-28-2006, 04:47 AM
AIO then...

I have found like others that one week is best between SG applications.

Seven layers SG.

Also have Sonus Glanz in house. Will try soon.

imported_steveo3002
02-28-2006, 04:51 AM
to the guys that have xxx layers of sg and xxx layer of p21s how often do you decide to strip it and start over?

MiataFan1
02-28-2006, 05:00 AM
to the guys that have xxx layers of sg and xxx layer of p21s how often do you decide to strip it and start over?

I am a new user of AIO/SG.

I think the combo lasts 6-12 months.

I plan to repair rock dings soon and will start over at that point.

racingbeat
02-28-2006, 07:48 AM

I add a layer of P21s or S100(same but cheaper) every three weeks. Carnauba Spritz(sonus) after the weekly wash. But this new bottle of FK1 425 might do the trick and will

prevent me from having to buy both an Acrylic SPritz (for SG) and a Carnauaba SPritz.

I strip off the SG and P21S/S100 with AIO before each seasonal change.

But I clay often so I`m sure some of the layers of SG come off before I get out the AIO for the spring cleaning.

blackrex
02-28-2006, 08:00 AM
racingbeat are u a/k/a perfect lap on rennlist?

racingbeat
02-28-2006, 08:20 AM
yep, I added it to my title.

Accumulator
02-28-2006, 10:12 AM
..I clay often so I`m sure some of the layers of SG come off before I get out the AIO for the spring cleaning.

If you`re not already using it, I`d get the green Sonus Ultra-Fine clay. If you keep the P21S refreshed you might not even clay down to the SG. I spotclay my SG with the Sonus green at every wash, and it doesn`t take off an appreciable amount of SG. Just use plenty of the Glyde lube and don`t press hard.

Back when I was topping my SG with #16, I`d still get many months out of the SG after the #16 was finally gone. It was sorta interesting to watch the changes in appearance and beading characteristics.

And yeah, that FK 425 is good stuff; I`ve been experimenting with it over SG on the MPV and the FK 425 on *old* SG is slicker than a *fresh* coat of SG!