PDA

View Full Version : subaru paint - cant polish????

Envious Eric
02-26-2006, 09:01 AM
anyone ever hear of the finish on some subarus that you cant give it a deep polish and cleaning because there is something called FINISHING TOUCH, or FINISHCOAT or something along those lines....my friend wants me to do his car, but says I can polish it because he has this on it....I will see the paperwork on it today, but I am just giving you pros a heads start on the input.....I was thinking it was one of those 3 yr guarantee gimicks, but that is not what it sounds like.....sounds more like he can never have his car polished again??????

imported_Picus
02-26-2006, 09:05 AM
Sounds like a dealer applied sealant. You can search the forums for a product called Xzilon for more info. The warranty on those specifically states that you can not polish or wax the car or you void the warranty. Frankly I would polish that trash right off, but that`s just me. :)

klnyc
02-26-2006, 10:16 AM
BS...you can take them out and use much better sealant than those. I did it on a 2006 Impreza few weeks ago.

Lowejackson
02-26-2006, 12:02 PM
It would be nice to have a paint which did not require polishing but as far as I know such paint is not (yet) in use. I would love to be proved wrong

imported_DARKSTI
02-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Yea, I polished my new 06 STI before winter and am about to do it again, its all good.

Envious Eric
02-26-2006, 03:05 PM
oh ok....that is what I was thinking....Ill let my friend know....besides....he has a lot of little scratches and some spiderwebbing going on so I am going to take care of it for him....its black.....should turn out really nice once I am through with it....thanks

titsataki
02-26-2006, 05:13 PM
yup I used Menzerna FP II and PB SSR (not together but one or the other)on my crystal gray 05 STi and then FMJ and it looks stunning. I QED`ed it and topped it with 425 yesterday and the paint feels like glass. I would never buy the sealant stuff dealerships rip people off with. But then again I am very anal with my cars.

Cheers

Nick