PDA

View Full Version : newbie, on what order should I used my products?

dtailmycar
02-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Hi guys I`m new to the site and have been reading post and getting new tips all day long. I got 2 cars a 86` saab 900 and a 91 toyota both of the cars have been repaint some years ago. This is my current "decent?" set of products which I have used separted but never combined to get that perfect shine. I`ll like to detail my white saab tomorrow that for I came to you...

turtle wax concentrated car wash

clay magic

meguiar`s colorX

Meguiar`s deep crystal polish Step2

Meguiar`s cleaner wax

Black Magic liquid wax

ps. I dunno have a pc or rotary, my only help is a 1,750psi pressure washer and random orbital polisher. I have a wash mitt and microfiber towels. I`ll also like to know how to remove water spots from glass, I think that really affects the final outcome of your detail.

Tanks Guys!!!

Wasatch
02-25-2006, 06:18 PM
I would use either the Meg`s Cleaner Wax or Black Magic Liquid Wax, but not both.

White95Max
02-25-2006, 06:54 PM
Agreed. Your process is fine as listed, but I wouldn`t bother using both waxes that you listed.

Water spots are sometimes easy to remove, and sometimes not. If the spots have been on the glass for a long time, then you may need a cutting pad and a strong cleaner like Klasse AIO.

:welcome to Autopia! :wavey

Louie
02-25-2006, 07:19 PM
Color X and Meg`s Cleaner Wax both do the same thing - clean the paint and leave behind a layer of wax protection - one step product. I`d use one or the other, Color X is a little more aggressive than the cleaner wax. Meg`s DC#2 is a glaze full of oils that helps to hide imperfections. Not sure about the BM - might be a wax without any cleaners.

Assuming you are using only the products at hand, I`d clay, do Color X or Meg`s Cleaner Wax, then Meg`s DC #2, then top with Black Magic Liquid wax. I don`t think putting DC#2 over a waxed surface will do too much harm, I`ve never done this.

If you were going to add one product, I`d suggest a chemical cleaner first (Klasse AIO or Meg`s DC#1), then use the DC #2 and then the BM.

Welcome!