PDA

View Full Version : Red Moose Vanilla Moose Help!

imported_Reflections
02-25-2006, 02:32 PM
I just ordered some Red Moose Glaze and Vainlla Moose Wax. I have heard great things about them including the fabled Pink Moose that Scott invented if memory recalls. Anyway, what`s the best way to use these products? I will be trying them out on my roomate`s car. I will be polishing first with my Metabo rotary using Menzerna polishes.

The only other glazes I have used is SFX-3 (I think it`s a glaze even though it`s not called that) and Menzerna FTG. I applied them both by PC which worked fine.

What`s the best way to apply the Red Moose Glaze? Is applying by rotary at very low speed with a finishing pad the way to go?

What exactly is this Vanilla Wax stuff? The ad on the site I ordered from said that applying by machine will yield better results. Should I apply it by PC or rotary?

Remind me again what mixture makes this magic pink moose and what use is it? Is it a one step glaze/wax?

Thanks for any info!!

imported_Reflections
02-27-2006, 12:11 PM
Bump. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

sQuashed
02-27-2006, 12:22 PM
VM and RMG are both glazes. Vm is an excellent glaze that I use before Poorboys EX and EXP sealant,and also before UPP. VM is simple to work with and adds some serious wettness to the paint. Im waiting until Im almost out of VM before I order the RMG so "I" cant comment on that. PC is the way to go with the VM BTW... and it works great on Wheels too.

Envious Eric
02-27-2006, 12:24 PM
are you saying you are using this VM on the wheels too....like for a wet look??

DM101
02-27-2006, 01:09 PM
Use the VM by PC first. Then RMG by PC or hand, will help car look wetter cleaner. Then apply your LSP ..... I would sugest Moose Wax. Or if you want a stunning shine with depth Pinnacle Sourvan. I would not reccomend a acrylic like AIO. Just use a quality wax. IMHO

imported_Reflections
02-27-2006, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the info everyone. So what is the difference between RMG and VM? Is it a two stage process, or are they intended for different colours or finishes? Or do they offer different benefits?

Scottwax
02-27-2006, 08:19 PM
VM has light abrasives and will remove light defects using a polishing pad and bumping the speed up to 6, RMG is more of a wetting glaze like Meguiars #7, no polishing power beyond your pad and application choice. I find it works best with the blue Propel finishing pad (slightly denser than most finishing pads but not a true polishing pad. You would use VM before using RMG.

If you mix the two, you get most of the light polishing effect of VM with most of the deep wetness of RMG. Good way to save a step and still get 90% of what you would have gotten via two steps.

sQuashed
02-27-2006, 09:33 PM
are you saying you are using this VM on the wheels too....like for a wet look??

No sir..I use VM on the wheels for a clean shiny look. Works awesome on all chrome.

SVR
02-28-2006, 04:14 AM
Squashed is right

My mix is double choc moose and includes VM, RMG, YMW and moose wax

On paint use ieach one in that order or mix all together and do in one hit with an edge white or other brands equivalent

On any other surfaces especially rubbers, plastics and vinyl trims

VM first with a cloth or foam pad to remove oxidation and restore color

Can use a rotary or PC with edge blue pad and 600-800rpm with VM on really stubborn trims (except rubber)

RMG is stronger than VM on these surfaces and Yellow is the strongest of all, I have almost stripped the shiny black coating off a trim when I first got this yellow in and I was only using a cloth and same pressure as the other two

All are great on glass