PDA

View Full Version : a little help for a beginner

bigboss
02-25-2006, 12:05 PM
hey guys, i saved money for a pretty long time and now i bought my first new car. I have always had preowned cars so i never gave a damn about paint and how to take care of it. Now i bought a Mustang GT and i`ve been wondering how to keep it nice and shiny. I`m a beginner at polishing and waxing and all that stuff so i only need 1 or 2 products easy to usethat will make it shine for a long time, and I also don`t have a PC `cause i know nothing about how to use it and i`m scared i`ll ruin the paint. Any advice would be EXTREMELY appreciated, thanks.

P.S. if you want or need any pics for the color i`ll post them. Thanks again.

stilez
02-25-2006, 12:11 PM
www.bettercarcare.com

Start reading :).

What colour Mustang? If I could only choose two products and a PC it would be Zaino Z-PC or Menzerna FPII as polishes and Zaino Z2 Pro or Z5 as sealants. However, read over that site before you make any moves.

bigboss
02-25-2006, 12:32 PM
its red fire, which i`ve been told it is pretty difficult to keep it clean and shiny.

BTW, thanks for the link. Got a lot of reading to do.

Thanks.

96GSR
02-26-2006, 08:32 AM
First of all, make sure you are washing/drying correctly. This can save you a lot of heartache:

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=9

I second the Zaino products. Ive recently tried Z2 with ZFX. Great stuff.

I keep it simple.... clay and two coats of Z2/ZFX three times a year. Mild polish once a year with the PC. Works for me. The PC is a no-brainer, don`t be scared of it. I only use mine for polish, I do the Zaino by hand.

blkyukon
02-26-2006, 09:46 AM
Definitely download AUTOPIA GUIDE TO DETAILING (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/lib/autopia/AUTOPIA.EXE) That one of the best guides for beginners! :2thumbs:

bigboss
02-26-2006, 04:30 PM
yeah, i read both of those already, but thanks a lot for your replies guys.

titsataki
02-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Zaino is a good thing. I like its durability. I also like FMJ from Menzerna. Both can be applied by hand. Good luck and welcome. People here know their stuff and they are more than willing to help.

Cheers

Nick

PS: funny that you have a Mustang GT. this morning I was walking around the Ford dealership and checking out a couple nice GT convertibles. I love the way the new Mustang looks :)

wannafbody
02-26-2006, 08:56 PM
If you want locally available stuff Mothers Power Polish and Reflections Topcoat are very good- For boutique products I like the looks of both Tropicare and Zaino.