PDA

View Full Version : Automagic Wash-mitt and New Car Glaze

Pages : [1] 2

tonipieleanu
02-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Hi

I`ve recently found a Automagic distributor in my area and thinking of getting one of their wash mitts. Anyone used them? Anygood?

Also I`m lacking a glaze in my collection and Automagic New Car Glaze is one of the few available here. Is it worth getting it? Did any of you got some results on it?

:thx

mihilc
02-24-2006, 12:54 PM
I have one and I like it very much. I also use their car shampoo "wash&wax", Magic Dressing, #713 Special Cleaner and I just ordered their "Quick clay perfect finish kit" and "E-Z Wax Paste" wich contain carnauba and polymers.

I`m planing to buy and use "Magic Mist" which is a QD (quick detailing) spray, and a glaze, but I`mnot sure which.

Porkanbeans
02-24-2006, 01:11 PM
I bought a gallon of New Car Glaze and I`ve found that it works alright. It`s a basic glaze, won`t give you spectacular results, but it does what you`d expect it to do.

mihilc
02-24-2006, 01:18 PM
, but it does what you`d expect it to do.

Meaning? It fills the swirls?

Impresions?

YukonG
02-24-2006, 06:40 PM
Automagic actually has quite an extensive array of products. I`m suprised that I don`t read more about their products on Autopia.org. Most of the products that I`ve tried work quite well.

They have an APC called 777 or Triple Seven. It can be diluted to do everything from degreasing engines and wheel wells to cleaning interiors and carpets. Best of all, it costs less than $10.00 per gallon.

I have tried the new car glaze and it works OK. If you read the ingredients, you`ll notice that it actually has kerosene in it. I`m not quite sure about the effects of kerosene on paint, but I would imagine that it is similar to some of the other solvents that are used in many other types of glazes and polishes. It wipes off pretty easily and leaves a decent gloss. I really couldn`t tell you how long it lasts, as I tend to use several products within a short amount of time and generally you would want to top a glaze witha a quality wax.

YukonG
02-24-2006, 06:45 PM
I just remembered. The bottle actually has an abrasive meter which states that it is on the medium-high side. It can remove a good amount of swirls, but you`ll want to work it in well with a polishing pad. I would definitely recommend using a PC.

Porkanbeans
02-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Meaning? It fills the swirls?

Impresions?

My impressions mirror YukonG`s. It`s basically your run-of-the-mill glaze. It fills minor swirls and leaves a decent looking and feeling finish. Nothing spectacular like Vanilla Moose or anything.

I also agree with YukonG`s assesment of 777. It`s a very effective, versatile, and economical APC.

tonipieleanu
02-26-2006, 12:59 AM
Thanks.

I`ll be getting the mitt and maybe the glaze too.

porta
02-26-2006, 01:28 AM
What about Automagics sealant 10QT?

David Fermani
02-26-2006, 06:33 AM
I only like to use thier New Car Glaze on cetain applications. I think it has a tendanacy of working dry and it requires the use of Body Shine to correct. It has decent cut and I thing their BC-1 and or GS-1 is a better all around alternative to New Car Glaze. On Black cars BC-1 followed with BC-2 workes great, and I usually don`t reach for New Car Glaze.

David Fermani
02-26-2006, 06:46 AM
Automagic actually has quite an extensive array of products. I`m suprised that I don`t read more about their products on Autopia.org. Most of the products that I`ve tried work quite well.

I agree. You`ll find that most Autopians hate Auto Magic products. I guess if products are sold in bulk that means that they are inferior to everything else. Also, if dealerships and high volume detail shops use Auto Magic that also means that they aren`t of good quality either. People here claim to do direct testing of Auto Magic products against all others and they pale in comparison. I seriously doubt that. I`d put $ on Auto Magic in an objective shootout of products. Auto Magic isn`t the world`s largest and most sucessful manufacturer of reconditioning products for nothing.

David Fermani
02-26-2006, 06:54 AM
Hi

I`ve recently found a Automagic distributor in my area and thinking of getting one of their wash mitts. Anyone used them? Anygood?

Also I`m lacking a glaze in my collection and Automagic New Car Glaze is one of the few available here. Is it worth getting it? Did any of you got some results on it?

:thx

Yes, I like their wash mitts very much.

I`d talk to your rep and ask them their opinion. Don`t buy a whole gallon at 1st, just try the 16 oz. bottle. I think it`s only $5 or $6. If it dosn`t work to your liking, try it on another application down the road.

Spilchy
02-26-2006, 07:08 AM
AutoMagic products are marginal in my experience. AutoMagic products are marginal in other Autopians experiences as you have read. Indicating Autopians "hate" AutoMagic because it is sold in bulk is an insult to the integrity and honesty of Autopians who report (or you say "claim") their findings. That really isn`t an argument to be honest and you lose credibility if you are looking convince someone. Look at Chemical Guys. Autopians can`t seem to rave enough about that bulk chemical provider. People here like Hi-Temp, another bulk provider. Meguiar`s and 3M are bulk guys too. I mean, they make a supermarket of chemicals distributed globally. People rave about them. That seems contrary to your Autpoian "hate" sentiment when it comes to bulk companies.

Other car care manufacturers don`t need to load their product line with a supermarket of cheaper products which are loaded with fillers, silicones, kerosene and alcohol when they can produce better ingredient products than that. There`s a reson why they are so cheap.

Furthermore, in my experience, their customer service is HORRIBLE. 5 e-mails to them have gone unanswered. They were also sold to another company back in October. The place I buy mine from were dropping the line because they would no longer be carrying it as a result.

Their products aren`t bad (I really like the 777), but there are much better in the same category when it comes to polishes, glazes, waxes, sealants and dressings for the home enthusiast which dominates this board. Even the professionals here who do this for a living, routinely post pictures of vehicles not used with AutoMagic products. Maybe put a post in the Professional Section and ask them if they have used AutoMagic and what they thought or ask why they don`t use it. Maybe an answer from them will be more convincing and/or honest to you then what we backyard guys have to say.

edit: Also, it is hard to get a hold of the products since they sell mainly to professionals. It`s not readily available which also leads to the lack of exposure here. Maybe if more folks used it, the current opinion here would shift.

Spilchy
02-26-2006, 07:43 AM

Hi tonipieleanu, sorry I didn`t answer your question from your post. That wash mitt is not made by AutoMagic. It is made by a company called SM Arnold (click here for website) (http://www.smarnold.com/smaPages/mitts.html). Many companies sell this wash mitt. Plus, I don`t know the price you are getting but the AutoMagic website is RIPPING people off. They sell it for $8.63. Everyone else sells it for $4 - $5. I buy mine for $3.xx from Winners Circle Detailing Products where you can use the autopia 10% discount.

(They are ripping people off with the foam gun too - $75!!! Autopian sponsor is selling it for $45 PLUS 10% discount!)

The mitt in question is made of Lorene-Dynel synthetic fibers (do a google search and you`ll see it sold in 15 other places for half the price). Meguiar`s also sells a similar wash mitt.

I use one for cars that I will be polishing as I don`t want to mess up my good sheepskin. Those mitts are very, very durable and can take a beating. I like the wash pad without the cuff because I can use 2 at a time (not scraping the cuff) and race through a good washing before polishing. However they synthetic fibers in my experience tend to lightly scratch the finish. I find it doesn`t release dirt as freely as real sheepskin.

They aren`t bad. I use one a lot for cars that I will be detailing. But for regular washes, I prefer real sheepskin.

In my opinion, unless you are getting it much cheaper than their website, I would buy it elsewhere. Or stick with real sheepskin.

On a side note, SM Arnold spot buffing pads are pretty popular here.

Hope this helps.

tonipieleanu
02-26-2006, 08:00 AM
It`s not cheap, actually it`s double the price on automagic.com, but it`s the only mitt available here (or at least that I know of). As for it`s quality, it think it should be better then the sponge i`m using now :hm

For the rest of products it`s the same, double or more the price online, it`s a rip-off but then again detailing products are pretty rare in Romania.