PDA

View Full Version : what polish to use with nattys blue?

petp
02-24-2006, 10:55 AM
getting ready for the spring mega-detail.

my plan of attack is clay, and nattys blue so far. (have 2 coats of 845IW on right now which i hope the clay will remove)

everyone says to polish after the clay to get the maximum wetness out of nattys blue, so im looking for some recommendations.

the car is 8 months old and black sapphire (metallic black) with no swirls or scratches, so i want something with no abbrasives.

will be applying everything by hand.

thanks very much!

also; a good site to get both nattys and the polish would be appreciated.

holland_patrick
02-24-2006, 11:02 AM
OK you have autogeek,pac,and others.. or you can go right to poorboysworld.com..

What are you using hand or PC???

I cannot belive your car does have any swirls unless it`s in a bubble.. as just driving home today my car was sandblasted by wind and the excess sand we use here in the northeast.. Just chalk it up to winter.. Anyways.. any polish will work good you just have to use it right.. CG,PB,menzerna,the list goes on and on.. the proccess is what makes it work more then the products. So I would sugeest getting your cammera and a haogen light and taking a nice picture and show use what you have and then tell us what you want to do from there as far as hand or machine..

PS...

SSR 2.5 polishing pad

Menzerna FPII Polishing pad

RMG finishing pad

Natty`s blue

THECLEANER
02-24-2006, 11:18 AM
If youre going to do everything by hand you could go Klasse AIO and Nattys Blue or Clearkote VM+ Natty Blue. Both of those are not agressive at all and would be great on a metalic black

You can get all of those a pakshak.com one of the best vendors in this forum IMO.

Scottwax
02-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Honestly, pretty much any polish that finishes down well works great with Natty`s Blue. Take your pick!

99atlantic
02-25-2006, 05:19 PM
If youre going to do everything by hand you could go Klasse AIO and Nattys Blue or Clearkote VM+ Natty Blue. Both of those are not agressive at all and would be great on a metalic black

You can get all of those a pakshak.com one of the best vendors in this forum IMO.

if you`re goign to be doing it by hand, would i tbetter to use klasse/clearkote versus using SSR 2.5 then SSR1? I"m contemplating what I want to do for the best finish (black g35 and 911)....i`m going to be using poorboy`s natty blue, but not certain on the polishes - SSR2.5 then 1 seems to be promising, but i`ve read that it`s extremely difficult to remove by hand....

THECLEANER
02-26-2006, 03:14 PM
if you`re goign to be doing it by hand, would i tbetter to use klasse/clearkote versus using SSR 2.5 then SSR1

Yes, I would not try using SSR2.5 by hand because it is medium cut SMR suited best for machine applications. What kind of swirls are you dealing with? If its micromarring you might get away with SSR1 or VM anything more than that I would have to recommend a PC, espeacially on black.