PDA

View Full Version : Im falling off the wagon...

Robb
02-24-2006, 10:35 AM
So, its been pretty cold here for the past couple weeks, and yestrday it finally warmed up to around 45. So, instead of using qew like i usually do, I took my car to the local car wash. It was a stall type w/ a power washer. One thing was that the soap worked really well, although it probably stripped protection. Another interesting thing was, they had a small hand held nozzle w/ Tri-Gloss, it was a foam stuff that you sprayed on then rinsed off. I thought id give it a try, it seemed to be awesome, i sprayed it on, then rinsed my car off, then drove my car pretty fast to dry it off. By the time i got home my car looked awesome and was totally spot-free.

It seems that the tri-gloss product really worked well, and my car looked as good as it does after i wash it and quick detail.

So, now im wondering, are all my hours in vain, it takes me an hr to wash my car when it took 5 mins to do it at the car wash.

I could do maybe 4 full details a year and use the car wash to maintain it.

I dont know, just kind of thinking out loud, anyone else have experience w/ tri-gloss? It seemed to make the water really bead up and it just flew off the car at around 60mph. it was pretty cool.

Robb is online now Edit/Delete Message

joburnet
02-24-2006, 10:54 AM
As long as they car wash is not scratching your paint and it works well then it sounds great. Having the right tools, such as a pressure washer, can really help you work faster and better.

Robb
02-24-2006, 12:00 PM
As long as they car wash is not scratching your paint and it works well then it sounds great. Having the right tools, such as a pressure washer, can really help you work faster and better.

nope, i didnt notice any swirling/scratches

Robb
02-24-2006, 12:08 PM

nope, i didnt notice any swirling/scratches