PDA

View Full Version : What should I use as a glaze applicator?

dbhak22
02-24-2006, 10:18 AM
Hey all,

I`m getting ready for the sunny season and am plotting out my detail plan...

The question I have is, what can/should I use as an applicator for my 3M Imperial Hand Glaze.

The bottle says to use a terrycloth towel for applicating and buffing. Can I use a microfiber towel or foam pads? or other applicators?

Any benefits/drawbacks with the different types?

Thanks!

joburnet
02-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Personally I like foam pads, they just seem to work well and don`t scratch. They don`t absorb product like a towel or MF.

dbhak22
02-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Personally I like foam pads, they just seem to work well and don`t scratch. They don`t absorb product like a towel or MF.

Cool...so just because the bottle says to use a terry cloth doesn`t necessarily mean I need to use one, correct?

I just bought a pack of Black Magic foam applicators which sounds like they will do the trick, :)

joburnet
02-24-2006, 10:48 AM
Cool...so just because the bottle says to use a terry cloth doesn`t necessarily mean I need to use one, correct?

I just bought a pack of Black Magic foam applicators which sounds like they will do the trick, :)

Correct, you can use whatever you want and if you ask most people on here they would highly suggets that you not use a terry cloth towel.

dbhak22
02-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Correct, you can use whatever you want and if you ask most people on here they would highly suggets that you not use a terry cloth towel.

Exactly the response I needed...thanks buddy!