PDA

View Full Version : where does RMG fit in?

Dave Pickett
02-24-2006, 08:49 AM
I am experimenting with glazes and just got some RMG. Where does this fit in against my other glazes

#80,#3 VM, #7 (magical beast!)

Anything RMG is particularly good or bad at?

favourite so far is #80 for mnor swirls and VM for general use....

imported_DennisH
02-24-2006, 08:57 AM
I think RMG has great swirl hiding abilities and as a bonus will add depth to a carnauba wax. I use it by hand and goes on and comes off with NO problems unlike some of the other glazes I have tried.

White95Max
02-24-2006, 09:24 AM
RMG is a decent cleaner, and will hide light swirls. It`s very easy to use, and smells good too.

Neo62381
03-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Is RMG abraisive to any extent, if so, would it remove some EXTREMELY light hazing?

White95Max
03-05-2006, 06:18 AM
RMG has very fine abrasives. It might remove your EXTREMELY light hazing, but I`ve never tried it for that purpose.

imported_Neothin
03-05-2006, 07:45 AM
^ werd

I just apply without thinking of swirl mark removal. That`s what SMR`s are for anyways...

mtwedt
03-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Since you have both VM and RMG, you might want to try mixing both together 50/50 and create "Pink Moose". I cannot remember who came up with the idea, you can run a search on that term, but it was a really great idea. I gave it a shot on my CR-V`s black body molding and love the result. I also used a RMG/VM/UPP combo under the winter Collinite and the RMG added a ton of extra gloss. I`m going to do the whole vehicle with Pink Moose for the spring detail as soon as I get some decent weather to work in. I did not have any bonding issues with either glaze in combination with UPP. You can also run a search on RMG to see what it has done for some of the other members. I think it was Robdon in the UK that had such spectacular results with RMG that I had to give it a try.

imported_Neothin
03-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Richt is who you`re thinking of :D Next time, switch the order of your clearkote products. Apply Vm first and then RMG. VM`s cleaners and abrasives are more aggressive and will remove the RMG that`s under it.

mtwedt
03-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Richt is who you`re thinking of :D Next time, switch the order of your clearkote products. Apply Vm first and then RMG. VM`s cleaners and abrasives are more aggressive and will remove the RMG that`s under it.Many thanks for that tip!