PDA

View Full Version : Karma Meter?

ScubaStevo
02-24-2006, 07:28 AM
What is this thing? The object in question is the green little square at the bottom of your onscreen information, while surfing the forum. Everyone has 1 square except for David. :p

chml17l
02-24-2006, 07:31 AM
http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67642

Probably more than you wanted to have to read... :geez

derek37
02-24-2006, 06:48 PM
that hurt my head! :shocked

2000firebird
02-24-2006, 07:51 PM
haha yeah that is a little too much for me... :P

zippymbr
02-24-2006, 08:12 PM
that hurt my head! :shocked

That post was not helpful I might have to give you a bad rep LOL Sorry cold not help myself (please don`t give me bad points) :hifive: LMAO

JJ_
02-25-2006, 06:10 AM
well scuba stevo I gave this an "I approve Karma" so I think thats one vote already :)

ScubaStevo
02-25-2006, 01:27 PM
well scuba stevo I gave this an "I approve Karma" so I think thats one vote already :)

:clap: The title didn`t stick out at me when I looked for a thread on it. Thanks for pointing it out you guys.

Corey Bit Spank
02-26-2006, 10:05 AM
We had this on nyspeed and it ended up being excessively misused.

imported_chpsk8
02-26-2006, 12:50 PM
Yeah this should be interesting. I can see it getting over-used. you scratch my back I`ll scratch yours. Oh well, its worth a shot though. Should be interesting to watch.

Uh oh... I hope I don`t get a negative out of this. :D

General Lee
02-26-2006, 03:02 PM
We had this on nyspeed and it ended up being excessively misused.

Exactly, its just a matter of time before it will be misused here. They all end up that way on other boards.

ScubaStevo
02-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Exactly, its just a matter of time before it will be misused here. They all end up that way on other boards.

Unless people don`t even use it. :nervous:

TortoiseAWD
02-27-2006, 07:37 AM
We had this on nyspeed and it ended up being excessively misused.Did you have just a thread rating system, or this more complex karma/reputation setup? Thread rating does get abused pretty easily, but the way karma is set up, it should be difficult for anyone to gang up on a given member (or for a given member).

Remember, negative ratings require a reason. Any negative rating without a comment will be removed by the moderators at the user`s request. This (in theory) should make the karma system tougher to abuse.

And, BTW, this is an experiment. When we discussed it at last weeks` moderator meeting, the general concensus was to give the reputation system a try, but to yank it if it started causing problems, or wasn`t working out as planned.

Tort

Corey Bit Spank
02-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Did you have just a thread rating system, or this more complex karma/reputation setup? Thread rating does get abused pretty easily, but the way karma is set up, it should be difficult for anyone to gang up on a given member (or for a given member).

Remember, negative ratings require a reason. Any negative rating without a comment will be removed by the moderators at the user`s request. This (in theory) should make the karma system tougher to abuse.

And, BTW, this is an experiment. When we discussed it at last weeks` moderator meeting, the general concensus was to give the reputation system a try, but to yank it if it started causing problems, or wasn`t working out as planned.

Tort

It was the karma system. It`s flawed when you take into account account a few things. Reciprocity being one. Also, it quickly turns into "who wrote it" and not "what did they write." I always found it funny that the point of the karma system was to promote "post integrity" yet it assumes that if people don`t always make well intentioned posts, they still possess the ability to judge a posts integrity. Essentially the system rewards members for agreeing with the group, but not necessarily being correct (it also gives a great means to mindguard). We already have a system for that, it`s called "I agree" and "way to go." Of course you can nanny the system, but that becomes a chore.