PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Polish Thickness

rw3829
02-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Hello guys! I just received Optimum Polish and Optimum Compound today and I was filling a squeeze bottle with each product. The Compound is very creamy and smooth...The Polish looked like old milk! I couldn`t even get it to squeeze out of the bottle smoothly so I took of the top and poured some into a squeeze bottle instead of squirting it in there. Is this normal? I searched but found nothing on consistency...Thanks guys!

SpoiledMan
02-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Put back what you took out. Shake it like crazy and then you will find that it has gone back to the proper consistency. :)

Scottwax
02-23-2006, 10:21 PM
It may have seperated, shake it up real good, it shouldn`t really be any thinner than the compound.

coltagious
02-23-2006, 11:16 PM
My Op Polish seperated after lying ard for a few weeks. it took a real good shaking before getting back the consistency. I had though the polish dissolved into water!! :doh silly me!!

a.k.a. Patrick
02-24-2006, 12:42 AM
I like to listen to the consistency thicken as I shake. It goes from water, to like a paint in about 15 shakes.....make sure you shake throughout the job also......

Anthony O.
02-24-2006, 08:51 AM
Yes it does seperate and yes it does need a nice shake to get it all gellin again...as Patrick noted, listen to it as it will go from a liquid sound to a nice and heavy thick sound.

Oddly enough the compound is slightly thinner in consistency than the polish :nixweiss

Anthony

coltagious
02-25-2006, 07:27 AM
Oddly enough the compound is slightly thinner in consistency than the polish :nixweiss

Anthony

thanks for the advice. I do find that the consistency of the compound is thinner than the polish as well. Had a bit of prob with the polish choking the nozzel of the bottle initially as it dries up. After i cleaned the nozzel, things got better. But it still takes more effort to squeeze the polish out compared to both the hyper and compound.

rw3829
02-25-2006, 08:42 AM
Yes it does seperate and yes it does need a nice shake to get it all gellin again...as Patrick noted, listen to it as it will go from a liquid sound to a nice and heavy thick sound.

Anthony

Exactly...That really surprised me. I did shake the polish a good bit violently for about 15 seconds, but still had "lumps" in it, so I figured that was the way it was supposed to be. It is thicker already but with the "lumps". I will return the portion I placed in a squeeze bottle back to the original bottle and really give it a good shaking...Thanks guys.