PDA

View Full Version : Smell Of Death

Pages : [1] 2

Outback of Oz
02-22-2006, 09:09 PM
I work in Alice Springs, Central Australia, and we have a big problem, with certain cars that come our way. The interior smells like death we have had to crush over 80 cars last year as there was no way to get the smell out of these cars. What would be the best prouct out for this?

WSUcommuter
02-22-2006, 09:15 PM
I guess I will be the first to ask- what exactly is causing these cars to smell of death?

wannafbody
02-22-2006, 09:20 PM
are these hearses? I`d suspect having to remove and replace carpet and upholstery if the smell is so bad that you`d crush the car.

Scottwax
02-22-2006, 10:09 PM
Thorough cleaning and ozone generators would do the trick.

Outback of Oz
02-22-2006, 10:30 PM
The cars are holdens, fords, 4wds, and once owned by indigenous australians. The smell is a combination of roo blood and human sweet, as some of these people don`t shower for months.

imported_steveo3002
02-23-2006, 03:50 AM
hhehehe stinkers

theres a machine avail in the uk.....after youve wet vac`d all the inside best you can, you place this machine inside for a few hours and it removes the stink, http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=735&highlight=aromatek

its mentioned in this thread on another site

imported_eLrEyNaDa
02-23-2006, 06:53 AM
you need a bacteriologic cleaner specially made to kill odor, only a real bacteriologic product remove odor because the bacteries neutralize the producing molecules of smells, but i don`t know where you can find product like that :)

Mikeyc
02-23-2006, 07:06 AM
Funny you should start this thread. The day before last I was watching a TV show called Mythbusters. They test out urban legends to scientifically to see if they are true. This week they tested the "car so stinky no one would buy it" myth.

Basically, they put two dead pigs in a 1987 Corvette and let it sit for two months. During the two months the pigs bloated and then exploded all over the interior so this is likely a more extreme situation than what you`re dealing with. They started by tearing apart the interior and cleaning it piece by piece. In the end they decided the smell could be totally removed, but it would require taking the whole HVAC system apart and cleaning it piece by piece along with the entire interior.

Anyway, an expert in the field of car deodorization recommended to the Mythbusters that they use an enzyme based cleaner. Basically the enzyme breaks down the organic materials causing the smell into a harmless material.

Who says you can`t learn anything by watching TV?!?! :chuckle:

imported_eLrEyNaDa
02-23-2006, 07:26 AM
i have see to, but the expert is not an expert because enzymes don`t kill odor enzyme do nothing ;)

brwill2005
02-23-2006, 09:25 AM
A combination of a thorough cleaning and Ozone. The cleaning gets up any residual material that may be causing odors, such as body oils, sweat, blood or tissue etc. The extra oxygen atom in the Ozone molecule attaches it self to the odor causing molecules and oxidizes or destroys them. If you leave residual material that is causing the odor, eventually it will return. If the material has soaked into carpets and seat foam etc, an enzyme product may have to be injected into the carpet or seats. This is in addition to a good hot water extraction cleaning.

TEGBOY
02-23-2006, 02:48 PM
Living in Australia, I have worked on some of the death smelling cars. The odours are attrocious.

I have had time, where my own clothes have smelt like the cars, from just sitting in them. Regular washing will not even remove the odours.

Sorry man, you have your work cut out for you. I would suggest a can of petrol and a match :)

That or the ozone generator, if we can get them here!

imported_NT2SHBBY
02-23-2006, 03:36 PM
The cars are holdens, fords, 4wds, and once owned by indigenous australians. The smell is a combination of roo blood and human sweet, as some of these people don`t shower for months.

you`s Aussies need to stop humpin Kangaroos and start taking showers :funnypost

TEGBOY
02-23-2006, 04:24 PM
you`s Aussies need to stop humpin Kangaroos and start taking showers :funnypost

LOL!! I hate kangaroos, they cause so much damage to cars, animals etc :)

imported_NT2SHBBY
02-23-2006, 04:28 PM
LOL!! I hate kangaroos, they cause so much damage to cars, animals etc :)

one looked real cute this morning on the TV news.......lil guy was hornier than a male dog in heat...kept trying to hump a warthog :lol

I hear their legs are brutal tho...

TEGBOY
02-23-2006, 05:33 PM
one looked real cute this morning on the TV news.......lil guy was hornier than a male dog in heat...kept trying to hump a warthog :lol

I hear their legs are brutal tho...

ROFL!! Damn Skippy he is to blame for all this cute kangaroo-ism :) They are cute when they are new borns.. and that`s it.

Their legs are killers. 2 kangaroos killed my brothers dog, they drowned the dog in the swimming pool, by holding the dog under water.

Their tail will smash a solid fence post from the ground.

However the roo meat is mighty tasty :)