PDA

View Full Version : Pink Wax over Klasse SG

shortspark
02-22-2006, 08:12 AM
I use the Klasse twins. I received my bottle of 425 the other day and with it came a sample of pink wax. Can this be used over the Klasse? What do I hope to expect?

Thomas Dekany
02-22-2006, 08:19 AM
Expect a day & night difference.

DM101
02-22-2006, 09:04 AM
Expect to let the Klasse to cure 24 hrs. then apply the pink wax for a nice shine.

jefmcc
02-22-2006, 10:46 AM
How does the 425 look over the cured SG?

shortspark
02-22-2006, 07:14 PM
How does the 425 look over the cured SG?

I don`t know as I have not used the 425 yet. I hope to wash my truck and use it this weekend.

For some reason I thought you could not use a wax over Klasse SG. I don`t know why I think that but it had to do with carnuba and poly not being compatible or something like that. This is why I asked the original question.

Thomas Dekany
02-22-2006, 07:37 PM
I don`t know as I have not used the 425 yet. I hope to wash my truck and use it this weekend.

For some reason I thought you could not use a wax over Klasse SG. I don`t know why I think that but it had to do with carnuba and poly not being compatible or something like that. This is why I asked the original question. It is the other way around. Don`t use sealant over wax

clnfrk
02-22-2006, 07:42 PM
I just received my gallon jug of 425 and pink wax sample today also. :woohoo:

I applied 3 layers of SG approx. a month and a half ago and then topped that off with S100 maybe a month or so ago. I just finished washing and drying the car, so I`m ready to try out my new products. Can I apply the pink wax and then the 425 immediately after?

Thomas Dekany
02-22-2006, 09:40 PM
I just received my gallon jug of 425 and pink wax sample today also. :woohoo:

I applied 3 layers of SG approx. a month and a half ago and then topped that off with S100 maybe a month or so ago. I just finished washing and drying the car, so I`m ready to try out my new products. Can I apply the pink wax and then the 425 immediately after?

yes you can - I hope you took before & after pix!!!!!

clnfrk
02-22-2006, 09:48 PM
yes you can - I hope you took before & after pix!!!!!

Sorry, no before pics. My car is a silver `99 M3 and I have cared for it religiously since day one, so i don`t think the difference will be all that drastic, but with the AIO, SG and S100 I did notice it a bit. Somewhat hard to tell on silver I think. In any kind of lighting though the thing just gleams. I will surely post some pics up asap.

shortspark
02-23-2006, 06:23 AM
It is the other way around. Don`t use sealant over wax

Now I understand. That is what I was wondering but just got it mixed up. In other words, after applying AIO I can apply SG and then the pink wax over that. However, I should not apply any wax between AIO and SG. I guess that is because the SG will not adhere to wax since SG is a polymer. I knew there was a compatiblity issue involved somewhere. I will apply the pink wax the next time I use my Klasse twins - thanks.

Along these same lines, if I apply the pink wax over the SG the lsp will be wax rather than the acrylic sealant. If I then use a QD made of acrylic (such as Menzerna or 425), would that not present the same kind of a compatibilty issue I had in the first place?

DM101
02-23-2006, 06:43 AM
Klasse is a Acrlyic (SP) finish. Acrylics will remove the wax. But you can top a Acrlyic with wax, thats the ticket. I used Menzerna One-step, Acrylic Jacket topped with Pinnicle sourvan. Looks great!

jefmcc
02-23-2006, 07:39 AM
I`m sure the 425 is nice stuff, but I think I`ll pass on it for now. After polishing, I do AIO, few layers of SG, and Natty`s Blue; and it looks amazing.

Will topping it all with 425 make that much difference?

shortspark
02-23-2006, 09:35 AM
Klasse is a Acrlyic (SP) finish. Acrylics will remove the wax. But you can top a Acrlyic with wax, thats the ticket. I used Menzerna One-step, Acrylic Jacket topped with Pinnicle sourvan. Looks great!

Yes, that was what I thought the problem might be. Acrylics such as SG will remove the wax but wax will not remove the SG. So, if I use a wax like pink wax over my SG, then use an acrylic QD like the ones I mentioned (Menzerna`s HG Acrylic Shield, eg), I might be removing the wax. Does this mean I would have to find a wax based QD?